Soundtrack for Shootout At Klipsch Corral

thebes

Yes its a two for one Friday night here at music central. Not only are the twins hitting the road with us, but earlier this week I got a call Steven Spielberg.

Says he wants to produce Shootout at the Klipsch Corall, and Ron Howards name is being bandied about as the director.

So Ive fleshed out the initial post and am halfway through finishing up the screenplay.

Only problem is, though, its, you know, Hollywood. Can we really trust them to come up with decent music? After all theres a lot of reputations riding on this. Theres Gary and Larry and Miss Amy and the Parrot.

I want to bring them a settled soundtrack and head them off at the pass. Need some Western background music, any era, any style.

Ill start it going with:

The Streets of Laredo

Bump. What. Nobody knows any Westerns here. Hell, at the minimum how about some tv show songs like Palladin, Wagon Wheel, the Rifleman.

Movies, what about "Gary Owens", Blues Brothers etc.

Working on an eight figure movie deal here. I intend to share. Help me out here.

Hugo Montanegro's (sp?) Orchestra performing, "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" stands as the best western theme of all time. (Okay, it and the theme from "The Magnificent Seven" vie for the top slot.)

Or, you could just do something crazy like back the bullets flying with Kid Rock's "Cowboy". It would be, at least, a more modern sound.

Thanks,

"I've been with hundreds of men, again and again, and now I'm tired".

Liilie von Stoup

I actually own the Good, The Bad and the Ugly soundtrack. (remastered by Columbia Records) Coolest things are the liner notes. There are none. Just three closeup pictures of the squinting eyes of Clint Eastwood. Eli Wallach and Lee von Cliff. The music for the dramatic gunfight is called "Il Triello" (the trio) and features one of the best trumpet solos I've ever heard.