Belle Klipsch

MacKlipsch

• 3 weeks later...

MacKlipsch:

I got Belles last summer to replace La Scalas. The reason: My wife thought the La Scalas were too ugly for the room. So, being a good husband who is always sensitive to his wife's feelings, I went out and purchased more attractive speakers...Now, if I had only known you could make artificial corners for K-horns, I would have purchased them, because as we all know, they are even more attractive than the Belles.

Am I a good husband or what?

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by halfclue:

MacKlipsch:

I got Belles last summer to replace La Scalas. The reason: My wife thought the La Scalas were too ugly for the room. So, being a good husband who is always sensitive to his wife's feelings, I went out and purchased more attractive speakers...

Am I a good husband or what?

Mike

Your wife is truly blessed. smile.gif

-Blind Melon McCall

I have Belle's that I use as my mains, I just don't have the room for a third one to use as a center channel so I use a KV-4. Although I just found a single La Scala for $300 in real nice shape that I am going to refinish and attempt to use as a center. If I can't I will store it until I buy a house and make a spot for it. I truly love the elegant cabinets and excellent sound.

Belle-R.JPG

------------------

If it's too loud, your too old :)

You guys that want to buy a single Belle for a center channel for your K-horns should get together and buy a pair on e-bay or somewhere. Easier to find a pair unless buying new and special order. When I ordered mine in 1982 I sent a pic of my K-horns to Klipsch and they did a remarkable job of matching the grain patterns in the wood. Looks like they are a matched set of 3 instead of being 2 years apart.....CB.jpg

johnnyp:

I have tried a Mac MC-2105amp/MC-32preamp combo, a Sansui AU-717 (85 wpc was too loud at lowest setting for background music), a Yamaha CR-1020 which was very nice but I use it to drive my Heresy's in the computer room, a Jolida 801A (70wp) which was very nice but I decided I was going to try a lower powered tube amp. Then I read a thread on this BB that mentioned the Monarchy SM-70 and decided to give it a listen since Mr. C.C.Poon (owner of Monarchy) will let you return it if you don't like it. I am not returning it! The price was right, the bass is strong and tight and the mid and highs are as good as any other I have heard.

Is 25wpc enough...I had some buddys over yesterday to listen to my rig and they were dumbfounded. I had the volume control higher than I have ever had it (~11:00) and I was hitting ~95-100 dB at 20'. (I didn't leave it that loud too long...my wife started hollering at me) smile.gif. I am using the Monarchy Model 33 DAC/Line stage for volume control and DAC using coax out of my AH!Tjoeb CD player(another winner IMHO)into the Model 33.

I am probably nuts but I am thinking of getting another SM-70 to biamp my Belles. Biamped the SM-70's put out ~70wpc (hence the name).

I love my system smile.gif