McIntosh Restoration!

CaptnBob

I have used Terry Dewick at Mcintoshaudio.com who was very very reasonable and probably knows as much about macs (both tube and solid state) as anyone. Fast excellent service. He ill not sell you something you dont need. Audio Nector has also been very satisfied with his work. I have also used Audioclassics.com and they to were excellent. They have a reputation of being expensive but I did not find that to be the case. And if its a tube unit I dont think you can go wrong with Craig at NOSvalves.

Josh

The reps of Terry at McIntosh Audio and the folks at Audio Classics are well known. Paul Grzybek at Bizzy Bee knows his Macs too.

I came across the website of Arts Restoration a couple of years ago, and it seemed at one point the web site had died, but obviously it is back in service - spiffed up too!

I don't know anything about them, by they obviously are going a step beyond what McIntosh Audio or Audio Classics offer. At best, with Audio Classics, you can get replacement glass (if available - they do it in batches). But a total re-build and re-chrome to boot is something of a higher order IMO. Given the continuing appreciation of vintage tube gear, may be the way to go if you find something in so-so condition at a good price.

Hello:

I have to give the nod to Audio Classics.

This has been arranged for a bit. One of my 60s needs a little work. After having it for 30+ years I did not want to risk damage in shipping it.

A while ago I called Audio Classics and made arrangements for the work and I mentioned my hesitation in shipping.

I was told they sometimes come to Rochester to pick up equipment they are buying. Gave address all needed info.

Yesterday I received a call from the Owner of Audio Classics. He said he would be in town today.

Sure enough, around 8:30 this morning Steve was at the door and picked up the 60 to take back.

Thanks Steve and I give a full endorsement to Audio Classics. Customer Service at its best!!.

dodger 1.gif

I have used Terry Dewick to service some of my Mac Gear, he is indeed very knowledgeable and very reasonably priced. He does good work and does it quickly.

I have no experience with the guys at www.artsrestoration.com but it sure looks like that would be a good place to go at least for cosmetic work. Thanks for the link, it may just come in handy!