sub popping when switching sources!

DecibleLvr

ANy ideas/explanations out there? I have a Denon AVR-5700 with which I run dual Klipsch lf-10 subs. Every time I switch sources,make adjustments to ANYTHING in the menu or turn the unit off it causes a very loud pop from my subs(just the subs,none of the other speakers). Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

I had a Denon 4800 that started doing the same thing. It will also emit a loud "POP" when it toggles from Analog to "DD" or "DTS" when watching a DVD. The problem is the electronic components in the muting circuit have deteriorated/failed. I sent mine to United Electronics in Syracuse, NY (Denon Authorized Supercenter) and after it went back and forth to them three times they still could not solve it. I got pissed! They refunded the $205 they initially charged me for the first repair, each time it came back it had a different problem.

I called Denon HQ and they offered to look at it but at that point I had been without it off and on for a month and a half or more and was tired of the nonsense. If you do send it in for servicing send it directly to a Denon facility nearest you and not an authorized repair facility.

They finally got it working but the "pop" was still there, not as loud but still there. It may have something to do with you running two subs off the output as that is what I was doing. I realize that it should not be a big dealt to do so but apparently the Denon's circuit can't handle it. I sold it to my brother in law and bought a A/V preamp instead.

I bought a NAD T163 and it has two dedicated subwoofer outputs which is fantastic.