Does this mean I'm getting old?

jdm56

Guest Anonymous

Well guys...I turned 42 today!!!9.gif Tomorrow I will be having a back yard party Bash/BBQ, I have a loud noise permit from the city signed by the major and the chief of police and guess what !!!! I will be listening to my Cornwalls from 3pm to midnight.Its going to be a Jamaican theme party lots of Reggae/Dancehall/Riddims and rum,If anybody is in the Lansing Michigan aerea and would like to pop over leave a message and I will give you directions (I will post some pics of my back yard set up and some decibel readings on Sunday) ...Tony

Hallwalker: I'll be driving up to Houghton Lake from Allen Park tomorrow (Saturday) with a case of Carib Beer in the cooler. Just aim those Cornwalls towards US-23 and I'll follow the sound over to your house! 2.gif Happy birthday, by the way.

One of the things I like about being older is you can like something because YOU like it, and for no other reason. It may be an artist from your past you loved more than life itself or were your heroes.. (The Producers- The bass player was, and still is, a friend. 80's power pop kings) I was fortunate to be in college from the fall of 1980 till Aug 1985. ( yes 5 yr. plan..LOL) I smile because we had just an amazing amount of one hit wonders, The birth of commercial free MTV, (sigh) and college radio kicked back in to have a voice and "Music" mattered.

Not all music is this way, but some is... (If music is important to you too) It just pulls at your insides and moves you perhaps like nothing else in life.

Sometimes Movies do this too. I still cry every time at scenes at certain times... and at 42 it is OK. (It's a wonderful life, That thing you do, movies that tug at you, seabiscuit, to epic realism ones too. Saving Private Ryan, Shindlers list, etc., etc.)

So while your getting older. I would say your "old" when you close your eyes and ears to new things. I hope I never get "old" in this regard.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/20/2004 7:40:11 AM Hallwalker wrote:

Well guys...I turned 42 today!!!
9.gif
Tomorrow I will be having a back yard party Bash/BBQ, I have a loud noise permit from the city signed by the major and the chief of police and guess what !!!! I will be listening to my Cornwalls from 3pm to midnight.Its going to be a Jamaican theme party lots of Reggae/Dancehall/Riddims and rum,If anybody is in the Lansing Michigan aerea and would like to pop over leave a message and I will give you directions (I will post some pics of my back yard set up and some decibel readings on Sunday) ...Tony

----------------

Happy Birtday, wish I could be there, enjoy3.gif

When I'm too lazy tochange CDs or LPs,I find myself leaving the system on the Music Choice Jazz channel on cable for about 18hrs at 75db. Maybe one day a week I'll play Classic Rock and another day Classic Country. I've always liked an ecletic mix but these days I seem to prefer the clean undistorted sound of Jazz, both modern and classic artists.

Rick

----------------

On 8/23/2004 9:43:34 PM 3dzapper wrote:

When I'm too lazy tochange CDs or LPs,I find myself leaving the system on the Music Choice Jazz channel on cable for about 18hrs at 75db. Maybe one day a week I'll play Classic Rock and another day Classic Country. I've always liked an ecletic mix but these days I seem to prefer the clean undistorted sound of Jazz, both modern and classic artists.

Rick

----------------

I think we must be currently inhabiting the same slice of cosmic spectrum.

-jd "lost in the ozone" mccall

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 8/16/2004 5:24:50 AM jdm56 wrote:

I guess I'm just wondering if others have experienced music preference changes along the way, and what they might be attributed to.

----------------

My music preference hasn't changed, but it has broadened considerably. I still crank up Hendrix, but now I crank up Beethoven's "Emporer Concerto" as well.2.gif Good music is good music regardless of the Genré.