What surround speakers to use?

PhilMays

My bedroom system consists of all components that were demoted from my main system.

The speaker set-up is;

Mains - KLF-20's (Yeah!)

Center - RC-3 (Want a KLF-c7)

surrounds - Bose 301's (Whatever ;( )

rear center - Cerwin Vega (RC-3 goes here when replaced)

My question is what surrounds would you use with Ledgends. I do not have the room for floor standers so I need bookshelf type.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, just because the Synergy line is the base line, sometimes it does not get some of the love in here that it actually deserves.

There were a number of posts last year on the similarities between certain Synergy speakers and the old Reference three line, with the major difference being in the materials used in the respective drivers.

Oh, and mentioning Synergy always provides people another opportunity to bash BB (which appears to be a sport...)

I would just roll with it. Enjoy your Synergies in the rear until you across an offer you just cannot refuse. After all, its your secondary system. My secondary Klipsch system is not perfect. It also lives on the discards from primary system.

That way, that leaves even more money for your primary system. 1.gif

Carl.

OK...Here's the deal...

I had a chance to compare the 301's to the SB-3's this weekend. I'm giving my father a stereo and thought about giving the 301's to him as well.

In a side-by-side test on A channel fading between the two, the 301's had tighter bass and more detail than the sb-3's. The sb-3's had more boomy bass. At higher volumes the Bose 301's began to disappear almost as if they were overloaded. The sb-3's sounded better with more volume.

My father is almost 68 years old so volume is not a concern...

Interesting though...The SB-3's sound great with my other klipsch, but side-by-side against the 301's they fall short.