Belle's New Home

seti

Well I finally got my Belle's to their new home (see attached file)and they sound better in this room than their previous room. I can really turn it up and not have to worry about neighbors becaus there aren't any! Now I just need some tapestries for the walls and some cd racks. Is it ok to have everything setting on the wood floors or should I get something to go underneath?

Thanks,

Seti

post-15544-13819257658954_thumb.jpg

I would suggest "grippers". They look like little rubber pads at say wal mart.. Located in the furniture hardware section. They will anchor your speakers to the floor better improving the bass some too. Put them over the metal casters, or remove the casters all together of your speakers.

I suggest everyone do this that has hard floors.

BTW, they look great too, congrats!!

Thanks having just bought a home so I have avoided walmart like the plague as that will be a good $500 trip perhaps I should by stock first. I will get some of those tonight and see what happens. Also the previous owners manage to get one drink ring and another spot that looks a little worn on the top of the speakers any ideas an what i can do about that? I would rather not refinish them!

Am I the only guy here who REFUSES to stack things on my speakers?  Or is that an "acoustic treatment"??

Nice setup.  Looks like a great place to kick back with your favorite libation and let the music pour over you.  I dig that couch.

I knew someone would say something about that LOL. The picture was taken before I found a home for my CDs. Thanks, the couch was a $65 dollar special LOL....Will spend money on gear but not furniture....

----------------

On 8/24/2004 2:20:48 PM seti wrote:

Thanks having just bought a home so I have avoided walmart like the plague as that will be a good $500 trip perhaps I should by stock first. I will get some of those tonight and see what happens. Also the previous owners manage to get one drink ring and another spot that looks a little worn on the top of the speakers any ideas an what i can do about that? I would rather not refinish them!

----------------

get some glass tops made a.s.a.p

----------------

On 8/24/2004 2:56:12 PM sunnysal wrote:

nice setup, I forgot how nice those speakers are! I have top of speaker acoustic treatments...books, I find j.d. salinger works better than national geographic. regards, tony

----------------

mOOn would like the National Geographic treatment better. They have necked women!!!6.gif6.gif6.gif9.gif

The Belles are beautiful! And yes speakers need to be weighted down lest they waft away with the sweet music.2.gif

Rick