American Way Magazine Article on Paul Klipsch?

fasttrack_15

Does anybody have a link to this article by chance? I understand that it was done in the late 1980s and was in the American Way magazine by American Airlines. I've heard reference to it but have been unable to find it. I've tried google and yahoo but can't find anything. I just want to learn more about the man behind the Legend in Sound.

I think I remember reading that article, way back when, though I was 15 years from becoming a Klipsch owner. Various versions of the Klipsch obituary cite the article:

Many of the outrageous, but absolutely true stories of the eccentricities of Paul W. Klipsch were captured by author Jim Shahin in a 1989 interview for American Way Magazine

The American Way website sells back issues (there is even an order form). Plus Jim Shahin still writes for them! (At least there's a May 2004 column from him on their site.) So I'd think that at least you could order a photocopy. Let us know if you have any luck!

Orin

----------------

On 8/24/2004 10:56:35 PM fasttrack_15 wrote:

Does anybody have a link to this article by chance? I understand that it was done in the late 1980s and was in the American Way magazine by American Airlines. I've heard reference to it but have been unable to find it. I've tried google and yahoo but can't find anything. I just want to learn more about the man behind the Legend in Sound.

----------------

fasttrack_15

I would be happy to send you a hard copy by snail mail, if you will send me your address via eMail or a PM.