The Art of Bose Bashing

skonopa

I just did an AB test with Bose 301's and SB-3's. The 301's at lower volume were clear and detailed while the SB-3's were very muddy. At higher volume the 301's kinda die on you and the SB-3's get louder.

I campared these two because of the similar price and I own both.

A few years ago I went to CC to get a set of 701's. The saleman said just listen around first. After doing so I purchased a set of Polk RT 800i's. I then discovered Klipsch and the RF-3's blew away the Polks.

My summary of Bose is that they are very middle of the road speakers that charge the high road price.

The 301's at lower volume were clear and detailed while the SB-3's were very muddy. At higher volume the 301's kinda die on you and the SB-3's get louder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

you think the sb3s have muddy bass? thats new to me. I d take the sb3s any day over those bose 301s

Oh the fantastic Bose 901, It's what my college roommate told me when we rented a house. Well, I moved my Khorns in too, we hooked them all into the same system,a wall of speakers. Of course all the music we played you could not even hear those 901's cranked up just a little, you would have to put your ear right up to the grills of the 901's just to tell if they were playing, they are so inefficient.

Needless to say, my friend was furious and packed them back in there boxes. Luckily, after many weeks I found an ad for a pair of LaScalas, He called and ran to get them as if his life depended on it. He was then a happy camper.

That's all for now.

Justin1

----------------

On 8/27/2004 3:59:16 PM skonopa wrote:

But, I do agree with one thing that dude says, it pretty much comes down to enjoying what you have, be it Bose or B&W or anything else.

----------------

I have to agree with skonopa here. After all, if someone wants to fall into sh*t and think it's clover, it isn't anyone else's business.