used khorns $5500?!!!! DOH?!

D0N

In the paper today. My adrenalin went crazy when I saw the title but quickly subsided when I saw the asking price.

KLIPSCH CORNER HORNS

collector's item, approx 20yrs old, mint cond, solid rosewood, (5'x4'), sound like symphonic Nirvana, $5500 Clifton Park, NY (518) 221-7263

I've been in contact with the female seller about the rosewoods. Evidently, after I posted the info here there's been a "bidding war" as she called it, for the khorns. She said her highest offer so far is $7900 6.gif I didn't realize they were such a hot item? What's the deal with the rosewoods guys?

Someone here must be after em!

Don, if there is a bidding war and the price is up to $7900, then she is mighty lucky indeed. It might be a case of location, location, location, or it might be the first person to show up in a truck with actual real money gets them.

The two or three people that have sold or offered similar for sale would probably hand delivered theirs anywhere in the country for a grand less. It might be timing, or shinola.

Either way, at $7900 I would have the speakers sitting in the garage, ready to go!

The Churchills have that bring you into the music like very few others do. They really came alive once I moved them about 8 feet from the rear wall. Truly made them dissappear in a nearfield listening position. I can't recommend that enough for any speaker situation as it is a free tweak and cost absolutely nothing to try. It might get you into the doghouse with the little woman but once I moved those speakers outI could never go back. You really don't know what soundstage is until you get the depth. How is it possible with them a foot away from the rear wall? It ain't!

Been a dual concentric speaker lover for a long time now.Tried a lot of different ones over the years from Altec 604b, 604C, Tannoy Silver 15's, Golds, but these Chuchills have been the best so far.

Later,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...