Just ordered a Jolida 302B

Rickieheinz

Awesome man!! Way to go, you have now stepped over into the world of tubes, that amp will sound nice with your RF-3's. I used to have a pair of RF-3 II's and sold them to a buddy, he is currently using them on a Marantz 2250 70's reciever and they pump out some nice bass, good clean smooth sound. Im sure they will sound better with that Jolida Tube amp. When will you recieve the amp? What are you using for CD player, wiring, etc...?

----------------

On 9/13/2004 5:54:19 PM Speedball wrote:

Really interesting dude...... I hear tubes go well if not fantastic with the Klipsch. Gosh I'm really tempted to try something like that..maybe I should spill soda in one of my recievers to show the Mrs. we really need something like that.

3.gif

----------------

Do it!! Just get you a 2 liter bottle of soda and casually walk by the reciever and then "oops" you trip and all the soda pours right into the reciever, oopsy daisy now you have to buy a new reciever11.gif

----------------

On 9/13/2004 5:19:46 PM Klipsch RF7 wrote:

Awesome man!! Way to go, you have now stepped over into the world of tubes, that amp will sound nice with your RF-3's. I used to have a pair of RF-3 II's and sold them to a buddy, he is currently using them on a Marantz 2250 70's reciever and they pump out some nice bass, good clean smooth sound. Im sure they will sound better with that Jolida Tube amp. When will you recieve the amp? What are you using for CD player, wiring, etc...?

----------------

I have a sony nc 685v sacd/dvd/cd changer a technics rstr232 double cassette deck(really good sound for homemade cassettes). I had Kimber cable but the cat chewed on it and I got monster cable's 1.60 per ft heavy copper cable. And I have a 42 inch toshiba widescreen rear projection tv.

----------------

On 9/14/2004 8:26:54 AM 3dzapper wrote:

Rickieheinz, Congrats! Is it stock or is he doing some upgrades for you? Either way it will blow off most SS stuff for twice the price.3.gif

Rick

----------------

Its stock but I paid for an extra tape out connection in addition to the 4 source connections. I also have satellite and vhs .If I need the tape out for satellite I can still hook up my cassette deck to my rotel receiver.

----------------

Really interesting dude...... I hear tubes go well if not fantastic with the Klipsch. Gosh I'm really tempted to try something like that..maybe I should spill soda in one of my recievers to show the Mrs. we really need something like that.

3.gif

----------------

Don't give up yet.

I had been whining to my wife for some time now.The trick is to save up enough money that you don't have to take much from the family budget to finance it. That way they don't complain as much. Though my wife still thinks its a waste of money,I'm also encouraging her to purchase cd's of the kind of music she likes. I figure that the more she listens to music the more receptive she'll be towards nicer sounding equipment. I'm also working some overtime and am selling a well liked rifle to help finance the purchase.

----------------

----------------

No no no you've got it all wrong. Take the receiver out one morning before she wakes up put it in your trunk of your car or something. Then leave the front door open run up to your wife and say that you have been robbed but all that they took was your receiver at his point you act distraught and say how will I ever replace it it it was priceless! 11.gif Hopefully she will feel sorry for you and you can buy some tubes and also sell the receiver to help pay for the new gear. The only problem is that I'm not married so I am not sure if this scenerio would work but it sounds better than the soda 10.gif

----------------

On 9/14/2004 9:18:43 AM seti wrote:

----------------

----------------

No no no you've got it all wrong. Take the receiver out one morning before she wakes up put it in your trunk of your car or something. Then leave the front door open run up to your wife and say that you have been robbed but all that they took was your receiver at his point you act distraught and say how will I ever replace it it it was priceless!
11.gif
Hopefully she will feel sorry for you and you can buy some tubes and also sell the receiver to help pay for the new gear. The only problem is that I'm not married so I am not sure if this scenerio would work but it sounds better than the soda
10.gif

----------------

Actually what you should do is walk around, do some hacking and coughing. It's allergy season. Have a glass of water and "sneeze."

Or do the same thing after you have cleaned out the most dusty place your wife wants cleaned. Boy having that dust up your nose and ruining the best piece of equipment you've ever had - after doing the dirtiest chore for her - should get symapthy, kleenex and tubes.

dodger