Jeanne, here we go again!

Q-Man

Or should I say we arn't going. Batten down the hatches and hope for the best. Most of us are tired of running from these hurricanes this year. The mandatory evacuation isn't working this time.

I just finished boarding up and securing what I can. I bought my 60 gal. of gas for the generator two days ago. It was good that I did that, the gas stations on the island ran out of gas last night and this morning.

Now I have nothing to do so I thing I'll go take a ride around town and see what's happening. I just can't leave the island, because they won't let you back on once you leave.

It's been amazing to see how many people are fed up with the storms in Florida and have told news crews on air that they now plan to move back where they came from to their home states. Many of them are from here in Michigan (Snow birds).

----------------

On 9/27/2004 11:36:52 AM picky wrote:

It's been amazing to see how many people are fed up with the storms in Florida and have told news crews on air that they now plan to move back where they came from to their home states. Many of them are from here in Michigan (Snow birds).

----------------

Greetings:

We have property north of Tampa in Spring Hill.

It seems like Michigan, Illinois and New York have been highest in numbers of people now living in Florida. Connecticut also comes in. Our property is on a cul-de-sac. out of 14 pieces of property:

8 from NY State, including our God-Daughter next door, their other neighbor from Buffalo, ours and 5 from NYC.

2 from Illinois

2 from Michigan

2 from Connecticut.

For all in the storms path, may it weaken, may all be safe with absolutely minimal damage. Thoughts are with you all.

dodger

Hopefully, this'll be the end of it. We are expected to get some pretty heavy rain here this evening and all day tommorrow, but nothing beyond that. Just gotta watch the river to see if it'll flood, but fortunatly, I am well up away from it.

Hopefully we will not get hit with all those friggan tornados like what happened with Frances and Ivan. It doesn't look like it.

----------------

On 9/25/2004 4:50:00 PM SteelerFan wrote:

I've been real lucky so far. Haven't even had any long power outages, hope my luck holds. Then again alot of people have had to put up without alot worse than that. I'm counting my blessings.

----------------

Ha! My luck ran out this time. Oh well, I can't complain, it was back on after only 22 hours.

Now I can really appreciate how badly those who have lost it for days or even weeks have it.

I really feel sorry for those who work for the power companies working 24 hour shifts with 8 hours off. My hat's off to them. 16.gif

Q-Man you and all of your fellow Floridians are in all of our thoughts prayers. I have been through the quakes and wildfires out here in sunny So Cal but not in waves like this. I have relatives in Bradenton/Sarasota and Ft Meyers. Hopefully this nonsense will end soon.

R/Jim

We survived and we got our power back today. This was the first huricane that came this close that I stayed for. I'm glad that it hit land some 60 more miles south of me then they predicted. It came in 120 miles south of me, and 60 miles south of me is a mess.

I lost power at 5:00 PM, some 6 hours before the thing hit land at 11:00 PM. The winds were bad from 12:00 AM to 7:00 AM. I was going outside about every two hours that night because I kept hearing things hit the house. About 6:00 AM something slammed into the side of the house and I ran out to check it out. I made it about 20 feet from my front door and the wind began to lift me off of the ground. That sure was a strange feeling. I weigh about 260 lbs and all of a sudden felt like a feather. I decided to go back in, I didn't care for that feeling.