New Klipsch at Best Buy

dblue

I was at Best Buy over the weekend, when I spotted a full 5.1 setup of sharp looking speaks...they turned out to be Klipsch! I can't find them anywhere on the site here...except for in the pictures with Jermaine O'Neal...what's the deal. The Towers were selling for 800 a pair, and sounded great! Front ports, very nice grill attachments, and very sharp looking...why aren't they anywhere on the website? Or am I missing something?

He's right, its the synergy series... the towers were probably the SF-3's, and the rest of the setup was most likely the SC-3 center channel, KSW-12 sub, and SS-3's surrounds. If you can find what Best Buy refers to as a 3.0 store (generally opened after 2000), in the home audio setup, they have the entire Synergy line (floorstands, bookshelves, centers, surrounds, and subs) set up in a configurable 5.1 system to listen to the different setups. Its not perfect, but it is fun.

These definitely were not the synergy line, or at least any of the ones listed on this site. These were brand new looking, with silver drivers, front ports, etc. You can see the bottom of the speaks I'm talking about in this picture:

ONeil_4_large.jpg

Notice the silver drivers, and large front flared ports? I'm just wondering why these are on sale at BB, but nowhere on the website?

post-9356-1381925811123_thumb.jpg