Scott 299C on audiogon $250

3dzapper

I have a LK72 which is the Kit version all ready rebuilt and ready to go I've been using it for over a month in my living room nice dark brown faced version kind of the Mc look. I also have a 299C that I should have from another source in a few weeks. So whether this guy replies or not is no big deal.

Craig

Henry,

The seller took my offer of $250 shipping included. If you want it speak now or forever hold your peace LOL !! Other wise I'm going to turn it down since I just scored 6 different amplifiers on a trade for a set of VRD's I really can not afford to invest in this one.

Craig

"but $250 isn't a bad price for what IMHO is the best 7591 amp Scott ever made."

I beg to differ but (IMO), the 7189 design is better then the 7591. And hence (IMO), the 299B is the best (ever made) of Scott 200 integrated stereo amps series.

I think there is no best ! I think its a matter of tone and preference. I prefer the 7189 amps for there tone but I also love the extra umph of the 7591 amps and of them the 299C is my absolute favorite because it wasn't compromised by powered center channel and numoruos other useless bells and whistles smearing its stereo seperation. Its the closest 7591 amp to a 299B 1.gif

Craig

I agree with Graig, preference prevails. I much prefer my 233 with Chorus'. The extra power tidies up the bass and I can stand the upper detail provided by Tele 12AX7's, too much at the top with my 222-C. But then, I like them both. I liked them even better when they worked. 8.gif

Keith

----------------

On 10/8/2004 2:34:30 PM neo33 wrote:

"I think there is no best !"

But you did state that the 299C "IMHO
is the best
7591 amp Scott ever made."
1.gif

And I thought only Senator Kerry is flip-flopping.
2.gif

----------------

He's not flip-flopping. He said the best 7591 made not 7189!

----------------

On 10/8/2004 3:49:38 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 10/8/2004 2:34:30 PM neo33 wrote:

"I think there is no best !"

But you did state that the 299C "IMHO
is the best
7591 amp Scott ever made."
1.gif

And I thought only Senator Kerry is flip-flopping.
2.gif

----------------

He's not flip-flopping. He said the best 7591 made not 7189!

----------------

Neo don't do nuance.