What I did for fun on Saturday night:

kenratboy

----------------

On 10/10/2004 1:15:13 PM mandi wrote:

So when you gettin the Klipsch, that is what I figured you had done on your Saturday night!!!
----------------

Soon, I need some forms that have not appeared yet. When that happens, things might happen very fast.

It is getting close and I will post lots of pictures!

Guess what I did for fun this saturday night:

Antiviral Drugs and Therapy Strategies

Antiretroviral Drugs & HIV Therapy

Cellular subversion by viruses and cancer

Opportunistic Infections and Treatment

Oncogenes I & II

Cancer Invasion and Metastases

Tumor viruses

YAY for me!!!

Medical school is the most socially-active place in the world!!!

Hooray!!!

Our reading assignment is something along the lines of 17'500 pages this year from handouts, lecture material and assigned textbooks. According to our professors we need to spend about 172 hours of our time per week doing it (they had a table up, which included 6 hours for sleep, 1 hour for eating and 30 minutes for bathroom breaks/day).

Oh and did I mention that the table had a large section titled 'social activities' with a huge cross through it!

What did I do Saturday night for fun? Well, this suprises even me!.....

As a 50th birthday present to my wife, she and her girlfriend flew to New York Saturday morning for a 5-day trip just to experience New York for the very first time. You know, Empire State Building, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Broadway and of course, the Trade Center site (I do not care to refer to it as "ground zero" any longer). So, with my wife gone, I am sort of "baching-it". I say "sort of" because my elderly (85-year-old) mother now lives with us so I am never really all alone.

Many of you forum regulars may recall that earlier this year, my mom had some serious heart problems which prompted her to go to the emergency room about every three weeks. This went on from April until July, when the doctors finally figured out the right combination of drugs for her to take. She's been doing great ever since.

So, what did I do Saturday night? I spent it listening to music downstairs in our theater with my mother. We listend for a couple of hours, and then she wanted to watch some video I had shot at a very close friend's daughter's wedding (we all had attended) the weekend before last. After that, we watched one of mom's (and my) favorites; 'Rio Bravo' with John Wayne on DVD. I can't remember the last time my mom and I had so much fun together, sitting there listening to music and talking. What a relaxing way to spend an evening; talking to one's parent.

And what did I do Saturday?

I was at Knoebels Amusent Resort for the Covered Bridge Festival and the Phoenix Phall Phunfest. Talk about a party!. I had such a huge blast all weekend! Nothing like arriving Friday afternoon, getting camp setup, then just shooting the $#!+ with everyone around the fire, while sipping on "adult" beverages until the wee hours of the morning. Get up Saturday morning, and then spend all day checking out the amusent park and the craft shows, then putting on costume and then ride all night until pretty darn late on the roller coaster, after which sitting around the fire and shoot the $#!+ again while sipping on more "adult" beverages, then get up and spend all day sunday riding more rides and causing any amount of mischief we can get away with. 11.gif Did not get home until pretty darn late last night, and now took the day off from work for a little R&R here at home.

And on top of that, I think those were industrial versions of the Klipsch LaScalas in the Cosmotron ride (hard to tell in the dark, but the base-bins definitly looked like LaScalas).

Talk about one kick-@$$ weekend! 9.gif