Klipsch Ripoff?

Bill H.

They made the front page at http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/. This definitely is lame. Wow they made www.sounddistributors.com home page too. It says "better than klipsch". What the heck is going on here. Maybe a possibility is these speakers are actaully klipsch speakers or b stock or refurbished klipsch products that were changed a little and are being covered up with a different name to sell them exclusively over the net. Cause somethings not right acoustic sound design doesnt carry klipsch any more.

Joe

They aren't Klipsch, the cabinet sizes are too small, and the drivers are different. At those prices, I would imagine the parts to be pretty cheap. More times than not -- you get what you pay for. It definitely looks like they did some reverse engineering, but I don't know if Klipsch can nail them on Patent infringement or not.

It doesn't surprise me one little bit, The car audio industry has suffered this little problem for years (As of course the home audio industry as well, But I think not as badly as the mobile industry) These companys crop up with something that looks the same and in some cases may even sound similar, They pay some Pleb to do a review and look favourably on a product and grab some quotes about how remarkable a product sounds or performs, And of course people get sucked in, And then there down hill slide begins...........

No service or backup, No spareparts and then when they seek the company out that made it the company has folded and moved on and is now producing a copy of someone else.

It might look like a Klipsch, It may sound like a Klipsch.

But it aint no Klipsch!