Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 12/11/2004 12:57:18 PM dodger wrote:

Well as long as I flapped my lips. I've owned Klipsch since the 1970s.

I do have a Pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors and a Paradigm SPR-10 sub.

dodger

----------------

Hey, Win! Those Paradigms are great aren't they? I owned a pair a couple of years ago for my upstairs system. The sound was excellent but the only hiccup I had was the plastic veneer started lifting. I sold them for a pair of Studio 20's which were even better... After I got bored with the Studio 20's I sold them for......

Anyway, I liked the Mini Monitors. 16.gif

----------------

On 12/12/2004 4:58:48 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 12/11/2004 12:57:18 PM dodger wrote:

Well as long as I flapped my lips. I've owned Klipsch since the 1970s.

I do have a Pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors and a Paradigm SPR-10 sub.

dodger

----------------

Hey, Win! Those Paradigms are great aren't they? I owned a pair a couple of years ago for my upstairs system. The sound was excellent but the only hiccup I had was the plastic veneer started lifting. I sold them for a pair of Studio 20's which were even better... After I got bored with the Studio 20's I sold them for......

Anyway, I liked the Mini Monitors.
16.gif

----------------

I like my Paradigms, no doubt about it, Edwin.

What probably started a lot of this was there was a comment that a good number of SVS subs are because of talk of them on the Klipsch Forum.

So if we use the logic of Klipsch gaining a lot of sales from the Forum, we have to include the benefit gained by SVS. Yet I do not see parity.

Klipsch could have a Forum without the bells and whistles of PM, email, Forward Post, the number of separate sections. Other companies do and do well, McIntosh is a great example.

A lot of what is sold on The Forum is secondary market - used.

They could list only products available. Since I own a set of Paradigm, I'll use them. In 2002 I signed up for their newsletter. I have received one (1.)

There is a lot of talk regarding new models. But if some one asks a question about those new models, there are a good number of buy Heritage Line. Unless purchased new, Klipsch only profits from the original sale.

We get Newbies whom either bought new Klipsch and have questions, or are given the advice buy what sounds good to you, or buy Heritage Line.

There are a number of us who are regulars. Most likely we would go to see new lines as we go to see new Denon, new Yamaha.

I didn't know abot The Forum but I've owned Klipsch since the 1970s and have recommended them on a regular basis for years. And I do keep up with the new lines. Not because of the Forum.

So yes we see a lot of Klipsch sold, alot of used or Heritage or Vintage whichever one uses to describe them. And how much profit does Klipsch make on used?

Does SVS have a Forum with as many features or dealers where you can audition then?

dodger

FWIW, the cost of running a forum is practically free apart from the initial startup cost. Probably the greatest advantage to the forum is it's an easy way for the more knowledgable and "regulars" to help the troubleshooting of others...something that would otherwise cost klipsch a lot of money (the 800 number and paying someone to answer the questions). Granted they still do that, but I'm sure it's much less compared to other companies without forums. And lastly, the forum provides a medium where a following can exist and grow. Any kind of following means word of mouth sales and sales from the following.

All the side issues that causes the pressence of the Klipsch moderators to become known is simply Klipsch trying to maintain the image of their company. It's the "other company" advocates that use the forum as a discrete form of advertising that Klipsch is wanting to avoid.