CORNWALL II's on sale in Boston, MA

I'm sorry to say that I must sell my Cornwall II's. I live in the Boston area and would prefer selling these to someone in the area that can pick them up. If not, I'll have them packed and have the buyer arrange for shipping. If there is no interest on this board, I'll post them on eBay this weekend with a starting bid of $999. They are in excellent condition. The grills have never been removed (I don't know how to remove them) and they have very few dings or scratches on the body. They are oiled walnut with brown grills. They are a left - right pair. The label shows: (note - I fixed the link) see graphic

CORNWALL II

MODEL C-wo-15

SERIAL 1G418

Please let me know if you're interested in making an offer (please note: I have 100+ eBay rating).

Thanks,

Fred

This message has been edited by trainmaster on 08-02-2001 at 11:47 AM

The serial number indicates these are 1968 vintage which would make them Cornwall 1's. The Cornwall ll with plastic horns and outside mounted drivers wasn't produced until the mid '80s. These are very very fine speakers from the heritage line. Some would argue the best Klipsch speaker ever for the money. Somebody has to grab these timeless gems. Drive them with a warm amp (Marantz SR 8000 is VERY fine) and you won't be sorry. Great two channel speakers or mains for a home theatre setup.

quote:

Originally posted by Stu Pidass:

The serial number indicates these are 1968 vintage which would make them Cornwall 1's.

I could be wrong, but I believe there was a Cornwall II produced during the tenure of the Cornwall I that had vertically oriented mid-range horns and were sold in left/right pairs (with the horn on opposite sides of the motorboard). If so, then this could be one of those rare items.

DD

That's exactly right!

For the first few years ALL Cornwalls with built with vertical horns in a L/R config. Later, these remained avilable as "special order" items and were called Cornwall "II." It think this all ended in about '71 or '72, as I've never seen a "vertical horn" model built after the very early 70's.

Mine are 1964 vintage, have vertical horns and do not have the "II" designation.

That's exactly right!

For the first few years ALL Cornwalls were built with vertical horns in a L/R config. Later, these remained avilable as "special order" items and were called Cornwall "II." It think this all ended in about '71 or '72, as I've never seen a "vertical horn" model built after the very early 70's.

Mine are 1964 vintage, have vertical horns and do not have the "II" designation.

Allan, those look VERY similar to my 65's,

that ARE designated II's, but as yet another

(never ending??) twist to the differences in these "special" Cornwalls, my PWK emblems are mounted on the opp. side of the horns rather than the same corner, as yours are....,

It is interesting, with these being somewhat rare,

that there have been like 3 sets available between here and ebay, in the last month.....

I'm still wondering (and I guess I should post to THAT thread..), about the set that sounded like they were intended for either "standard" or "Lowboy" staging...,

....those must not have risers..., and a pivoting emblem??????

....I think Jim should buy one of these sets of early II's, so he can perform and report...

an A - B, B comparison, to his 2 sets of standard Cornwalls...,

and resolve some of these vertical vs horizontal horn notions, for us.....,

Dan-OH!~

There are TWO stickers on the back of my Cornwalls!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=757826&a=10308307&p=34745556&f=0

You'll notice that the sticker of the left shows that the speakers can be placed in either vertical or horizontal postion! I've never tried it the other way!

By the way, the "risers" under my Corwalls are made from walnut, steel, and sand and weigh about 80 pounds each and are supported by spikes and cones. I did this "tweak" about 3 years ago and it REALLY tightened up the bass!

Allan, what does the text say on that second sticker?

I wonder if they only included that second sticker on spkr's that were not shipped with a factory riser...

(seems like that would be the case..)

Does the emblem rotate, so it could have the proper orientation in the "low boy" position??

You did a nice job on your home spun risers....,

from the photo, I wouldn't have spotted that they were not factory...

Dan-OH!~

Fred, just sent you an email. Don't know if they're still around but I think we could cut a deal.

Call me at work if you don't get the email @ 800-922-7667 x224.

thx, Chris

------------------

Klipsch ALK Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Belle ALK Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

McIntosh MC-2105 (Driving Cornwalls)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Well folks, "Trainmaster" and I are meeting at the office in the morning to conduct the transaction. He's a really nice guy and appears to have taken wonderful care of these jewels.

So, anybody want to buy my current Cornwalls?

------------------

Klipsch ALK Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Belle ALK Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

McIntosh MC-2105 (Driving Cornwalls)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Those are "Wire World" cables-I think they are the "Oasis" line, but I don't really remember. I traded a nice humidor from my wife's cigar store for them (my cost was about $200 or so). There's a high end store in the same area and the owner is a really good customer of her's. I'm sure they're much better than the old zip-cord I once used, but don't know if they're any better than any nice, thick cable.

DAN OH

Im ganna work on a set of K-horns, before another set of cornwalls!!!

But if a vintage pair of cornwall 2s pop up in denver, ill buy them and sell a set of the 1s i have now!!

Im looking to expeirence another set of Klipsch, and decided that it was going to be the K-horns!!

If a set of k-horns pop up in denver, im going to sell my van to get them, beings i have 3 cars now!!

Regards Jim

So, Fred -

Are the Cornwalls sold? I live outside Boston and am interested. (I emailed you, too.)

Thanks!

Jon

===

OOPS! Never mind - I just saw Chris's post. Lucky dog!!

This message has been edited by JonM on 08-14-2001 at 02:43 PM