whats up with this??

Scp53

go to bestbuy.com and look at them there. heres an example of what im talking about: the B3(bookshelf, 6.5" driver) is priced at 330(probably the same price as BB store), the RB25 cost 400 or so and is book shelf too, 6.5" driver. why is there only a 70~ price difference. who would go with the B3 just to save friggin 70 bucks!! it seems that the refs are priced to low or the synergy too high. could a moderator set me staight.

thanks, scp53

note- im not interested in any synergy, just curious about the price.

Maybe the only tangible difference now, between new Synergy and Reference is the wood veneer and the vinyl. It does appear Synergy drive units and cabinet construction, etc. are close to par with the comparable Reference models. The worst thing with Synergy, at least a far as buying at BB goes, is you can't get a decent demo of the things in that noisy, wide open environment!

i think the finishes are the same. except some of the rf5 and rf7 series has real veneer. all the others(refs and synergy) have vinyl- i think. and i agree that BB has a bad listening place. not only because its noisy but because of improper setup, placement,bad equipment, etc.

• Klipsch Employees

The display location was a worry of ours...so we took the prototypes to BB to hear just what it would sound like in the store. Not bad. They are using some good music for demo.

The price has not changed much on the new units...The SF-3 was $850 now the F-3 is $900...about the same across the line...

Trey - You have got to be kidding. Was there anyone else in the store when you were there? I can certainly respect Klipsch's decision to move to the Joe Consumer outlets. You all are in business to make money (which hopefully keeps the higher end products rolling out!). It's ok - you don't have to make excuses or try to convince anyone that Best Buy is a good environment to test gear. ("How does it sound? I don't know. I can't hear the midrange quality over the JVC boombox, HT demo, gamecube, PS2, and Xbox stations.") 2.gif

• Klipsch Employees

Kev I am not trying to say that it sounds as good as in your home, or even in a good demo room. But next to the rest of the product it is better.

The F3 is the synergy version of the RF3. thus the price and look.

Same for the C3 and S3.

The rest is built on the same "format" as the last Synergy line.

IMO the new line is a nice as the old reference (RF3). There is still a bit of a gap between the new Reference (RF35)

shouldn't the price gap be bigger? seriously, lets say people know about the B3s and also know about the RB25s. I think the sound quality difference is quite big between these two. and yet the price diff is only ~$70. NOW WHO is going to go with the B3s just to save $70? most people id think would spend the little bit extra to get the refs. im not ripping the synergy at all. i think there GREAT. VERY good competition for the rest of Best buy stuff. i just dont think that synergy is real good competion against the refs for the $$$.

scp53

I just heard/saw the new Synergy today- went to our Best Buy. They actually look pretty darn nice... I like the drivers ok. I am not such a fan of the new RF-x5 drivers (the inverted copper dust cap doesn't appeal to me much). The silver looked ok, though. They sounded pretty good, too.

Trey-

I am interested in the coparison between RF-3 and the new F3 (or whatever it was) line. You say they are about the same? As in the new ones best the older RF-3? That is disheartening... I just got the RF-3's not long ago. How do they differ? Any info you can provide there would be helpful to me. Thanks

• Klipsch Employees

With out going to deep in to it...As good as the rf3 is, just like all speakers, it has it's problems. There are SMALL peeks and valleys in the response curve. In the F3 we addressed that by changing the network a bit. The bass is better due to the size of the cabinet. The F3 is bigger. In the sprit of keeping the price down, we use the same plastic and tweeters on a few models in the new (Synergy 4) line. This means less tooling and parts, thus less cost. Myself, I am happy that we were able to keep the cost as close to what it was as we did. A lot of effort from the entire team was placed into this product.

I think the B3 is one of the best bookshelves we have done. The low end from that little speaker is very good. I would love to have some feedback from someone that has taken them home!

What did you think of the centers and surrounds? Both are a new look for us. Even more so than the towers and bookshelves.

BTW: the subs are coming...(sorry but that is all I can say about them)

Trey, our store has them in and so far I have been able to pull both centers. I am impressed. I really like the C2 (I will get the C3, though), but it is hard to tell the sound because of the current setup. The build quality really impressed me, and I still need to see the mains.

EDIT: I also love the looks. Great design. I like the fasteners for the drivers, hex-nuts are very cool! Also, having 6 mounting points on the drivers makes it look better (obviously not needed for a 5.25" driver!) I am glad the banana plug blockers come right out!

New subs, eh? I want 4, 18" woofers in a 12" cube.

On 10/29/2004 11:56:20 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

With out going to deep in to it...As good as the rf3 is, just like all speakers, it has it's problems. There are SMALL peeks and valleys in the response curve. In the F3 we addressed that by changing the network a bit. The bass is better due to the size of the cabinet. The F3 is bigger. In the sprit of keeping the price down, we use the same plastic and tweeters on a few models in the new (Synergy 4) line. This means less tooling and parts, thus less cost. Myself, I am happy that we were able to keep the cost as close to what it was as we did. A lot of effort from the entire team was placed into this product.

I think the B3 is one of the best bookshelves we have done. The low end from that little speaker is very good. I would love to have some feedback from someone that has taken them home!

Hi Trey!

How does the new C3 center compare to older Reference? It's not a perfect match for my La Scala's, but...

And when will this line will available in Canada? They haven't shown up on the local dealer's web site anyway...

Thanks!

Peter

ONLY the high end refs(RF7's...) are made in the US(and heritage). the rest i beleive are made in china or some other country. im 99% sure about this. as long as there built well, i really dont care where there built.

thanks Trey for the input. ill have to listen to the B3s(and others). could you tell us when the new subs will come out? i still am a bit confused as to why the synergy are priced so close to the refs. it just seems that people would hardly consider the synergy when for $70-150 more they could get refs that are much better. is there any more input to this question? thanks

scp53