FS: '78 Belle Klipsch

gtDark

Hey guys. Like the topic says I've decided to sell my '78 oiled walnut Belle Klipsch (BKWO). Suffice it to say that they are just not working out for me in my current situation; if you want to know more specifics I'll be happy to tell you, just email me.

Now for the details:

--Consecutive serials (2S934-2S935)

--K-77, K55V, K33

--Beautiful Type AA crossovers updated with Auricaps by DeanG

--Brand new midrange diaphragms from Bob Crites installed by myself (I have pictures of this too)

--And if you local pickup, my own personal Bellemobile (visible in pictures) I designed and built with 4 locking casters to roll each Belle between rooms, out to the porch for a BLO job (pun intended), and whatever else strikes your fancy.

I won't give a bunch of adjectives describing the condition of the cabinets because I know how different people would judge these differently; I posted about 15 pictures (4 megapixel digital) of each speaker so you can judge for yourself. I took one photo of each side and close-ups of all damage I could find. Highlighting these little damages makes these speakers appear in worse shape than they really are, and most of the nicks and stuff I'm sure can be fixed, I just decided to leave the little repair work to someone with more experience than I.

Belle Picture Gallery (Please note that each album has multiple pages, and each image is thumbnailed, then on the first click it is a medium size, then the click again and it's full resolution)

I'd like to get $1200 OBO (or best offer).

I'd really prefer local pickup here in Atlanta. If I have to ship I guess I will but you'll have to make ALL the arrangements because honestly I don't know jack about that shipping something this large.

Please don't hesitate to email me with an questions you might have.

Man, those won't last long! Very pretty ...

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

• 2 weeks later...

Mathew's Belle's have a new home in Alabama. Thank you Mathew, after an 8 hour round trip they are now in my living room in front of the LaScalas. I just got a chance to hook them up and make sure they made the trip home ok, they did. More playing tonight.

These had 1/4" plywood nailed to the bottom. Has anybody else seen this? I pulled the plywood off the bottom before I unloaded them. The right channel speaker had been wet(probably someone spilled a glass of water/beer, etc.) at some time, with most of the damage in the plywood on the bottom. There was a little delamination on the back side of one riser pieces and a couple of rusted screw heads, otherwise both looked brand new down there. I am going to leave the plywood off since they were probably vibrating anyway.

Overall I'm very happy. Now I just have to figure out where to put them.