ST70 revisted

NOSValves

The bias pots are the little blue squares with the white centers. They are pc mount trim pots. THere are four alnog the back edge and two towards the front. I assume four for the bias and two for the AC balance.

Maybe it was the 6DJ8s. I would like to hear mine with the 6922s next to Roy's upgrade board. Not that mine couldn't get better, but I'm happy.

Craig does a lot neater job than I did on mine I am sure. 2.gif

Marvel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6922, 7308, 6DJ8 you name I've tried them all. I still have one ST70 with the curcio board here and have ABed them with a few people the difference isn't subtle. It also can easily be seen on the scope and with the distortion analyzer. Don't get me wrong it's not like the curcio board is horrible it's just that Roy's with some minor tweaks is better more detail, extension and less distortion.

Craig

Craig,

I don't doubt what you are saying one bit. I just had to pick one and go with it, and you hadn't mentioned that board yet. Plus you did some other tweaks on yours.

C&S,

The little ST35 clone board on the tube4hifi site can be found at:

www.diytube.com

He also makes a monoblock board for EL34 or KT88. I may go this route next.

Marvel