How hot is to hot?

chris98007

----------------

On 11/10/2004 11:02:33 AM doudou wrote:

be carreful with the fans:

you know it make some noise, but it also create some magnetical noise, and if your amp is to close or if some cable are too close it can bring some strange noises to your system.

----------------

if the receiver and/or amplifier is made properly, there should not be any interference caused by fan motors.... AC or DC....

i've used many different fans over the years with different amps and receivers and i have never had any electrical noise added to my systems.....

1.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2004 11:13:54 AM chris98007 wrote:

i would say that putting my hand on the top it is very hot. I am assuming the noise you might get from the fan would be in the Speaker lines? maybe a hum or something like that?

I will try a fan blowing out of the rear, any size i should look for?

----------------

a large fan will move more air...... the following one is a good example that would work well...

4 - 5/8" square.... 12 vdc...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=259-121

Part Number 259-121

1.gif

why not just cut your holes first and try it...before going the next step of adding a fan....

since you stated the components were in a basically sealed chamber...the air holes would let it breath....

SO cut one at top to vent hot air....and one at bottom to draw in cool air

I bet just a few holes would be enough

----------------

On 11/10/2004 11:13:54 AM chris98007 wrote:

i would say that putting my hand on the top it is very hot. I am assuming the noise you might get from the fan would be in the Speaker lines? maybe a hum or something like that?

I will try a fan blowing out of the rear, any size i should look for?

----------------

exactly15.gif

before buying anything to make tests with fan, i think you should really try to find a way to make breath your amp without fan.it will be cheaper, and you will have no problem.

remove all parts of the cabinet around your amp which isn t needed.

if you have a space of around 2 inch around your amp and nothing behind that could avoid the air to cool the amp it should be enough to listen t your system at medium level.if you want some very high level the space around the amp should be larger.

i m thinking of a test you can make:

place your amp outside the cabinet without nothing around and listen to some music and see if it get hot. if your amp is as hot as in the cabinet there is may be something wrong.

as i said an amp is made to work as it is built if you use it on normal conditions.

i think you don t listen your system at the maximum tha amp can provide so with this test, if you cannot leave your and on the amp for some seconds, your amp have a problem.

----------------

On 11/10/2004 11:31:33 AM minn_male42 wrote:

if the receiver and/or amplifier is made properly, there should not be any interference caused by fan motors.... AC or DC....

i've used many different fans over the years with different amps and receivers and i have never had any electrical noise added to my systems.....

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif">

----------------

your right: the amp are made to be the less sensitiv to the external interferences.

but all the wires that goes into your amp are very sensitive if they are too close to an motor or something else.it act like an antena.

the most sensitiv to these interference are the analog connection and especially the cables that come from a turnable.

----------------

On 11/10/2004 2:32:26 PM ygmn wrote:

why not just cut your holes first and try it...before going the next step of adding a fan....

since you stated the components were in a basically sealed chamber...the air holes would let it breath....

SO cut one at top to vent hot air....and one at bottom to draw in cool air

I bet just a few holes would be enough

----------------

i totaly agree with you. i really it worth trying before buying anything.