Heresy MSRP?

psg

Does anyone know what the price is for a single new Heresy?

When I type in my postal code into the Klipsch dealer finder, I get no hits.

Whe I type it a postal for Quebec City, I get two, one of which is 30 miles away and the other 70 miles away. I called the first; no answer. I called the second and they didn't know what a Heresy was (They said the sold the Klipsch "big line", the Reference). Depressing.

"single" Hersey, which is "special" order, a few bucks anywhere for any Dealer, "single" Hersey new...$$$$..unless factory direct...contact Hope or the website and buy direct...10.gif

No one in Canada will sell you a single Hersey East to West, order it, $$$$$....for them...10.gif

I believe Klipsch will deal direct with Canada on purchases and special orders...contact them... 2.gif

Thanks guys. EBay is looking better then...

Does anyone know, if I buy used speakers from the US, will I pay the shipper taxes (GST + PST) when it arrives at my door? I know I would for new gear, but I was wondering if buying used made a difference. That would make buying used within the country 15% more appealing if I paid taxes on US goods!

You'll pay GST plus brokerage fee's - UPS is the one carrier all Canadian's want to avoid if possible - they use there own brokerage house and it's a money maker for them. Because they are made in the US, you should avoid duty (and you pay duty regardless of new or used on product - depending of country of origin) - you might try to talk the seller into marking the customs paper work as "Gift" - you will then avoid all taxes. Hope that helps

On 11/14/2004 3:36:37 PM Black7 wrote:

You'll pay GST plus brokerage fee's - UPS is the one carrier all Canadian's want to avoid if possible - they use there own brokerage house and it's a money maker for them. Because they are made in the US, you should avoid duty (and you pay duty regardless of new or used on product - depending of country of origin) - you might try to talk the seller into marking the customs paper work as "Gift" - you will then avoid all taxes. Hope that helps

As well as provincial sales tax (at least in Quebec), or so I'm told, and so it happened when a new receiver arrived from the US last week. 7.gif

How is FedEx for brokerage fees? Surprisingly, shipping 2 40 lbs Heresy's from NYC to Quebec City with them costs US$66, which isn't too bad if there are no extra fees.

The Klipsch store on-line will only sell to the US. I have tried and been told no, if you are after ProMedia stuff there is a Canadian distributor in Mississauga (west of Toronto). The Canadian distributor list seems to get out of date and at times is not updated. Whitby Audio is still listed and they haven't had the Klipsch reference speakers in a while.

Avoid UPS, ouch, $60 to process an amp three years ago and about the same for a tuner. If it is small enough, USPS (United States Postal Service) are the best option. They are not trying to make their yearly profit on your shipment.

Personally, take a look at eBay or Audiogon for used equipment. The price is a lot better and you might be able to also look at Forte/Chorus or Cornwalls for less than that amount of money.

----------------

On 11/12/2004 11:43:12 PM psg wrote:

Thanks guys. EBay is looking better then...

Does anyone know, if I buy used speakers from the US, will I pay the shipper taxes (GST + PST) when it arrives at my door? I know I would for new gear, but I was wondering if buying used made a difference. That would make buying used within the country 15% more appealing if I paid taxes on US goods!

----------------

You will get it back on the other end, the "gift" of cheap dope from the U.S.A. Klipsch and UPS are just trying to level the playing field1.gif

Regards,

Analogman