A Klipsch or a Velodyne?

Spanky

I would prefer to stay with Klipsch, but what alternatives do I have?

Seriously? There are many very good sub manufacterers out there. You just need to settle on a price point as well as intended use and asthetics and look around. Don't discount the internet direct companies either.

I am very new at this, so I wasn't too sure about subs, etc. My friend has a Velodyne CT-12 I believe, and I didn't know this until I asked him this weekend. What I did know is that back when he got it, I couldn't believe the power that sub had, I was floored.

I did go to my local futureshop to listen to some subs, and both the DLS4000R/5000R were fantastic sounding. I couldn't compare them to the Klipsch since it was not hooked up and at the time I was looking to get the center channel speaker (RC-62). But I am starting to think that the DLS4000R might be enough for my purposes, though that 5000R made the whole room shake! he he

Would that DLS5000R be too much for my setup? RF-82/RC-62 and the rears still to be determined...

Thank you guys for your good responses and suggestions. I have so much to learn!