searching replacement crossover for lascala

pb1

hello

if you have replacement xover for my old lascala or plans to rebuild my proper one with new caps (what components should I choose), please let me know. I have the AL model, which seems to be the "wrong one" compared to AL or AA.

I'm located in Paris - France

best regards

What year are your LaScalas? If you have the K-55-V midrange driver you could run the Type As or AA's, if the K-55-M -- then you should move forward to the AL-3. I can supply you with a schematic and parts list once you figure out what you have.

Hey Dean,

You responded to me in another thread but I will address further with you here. I have the 84' scala w/ AL network. They have not been modified.

How much are your networks preassembled?

Is there any drilling required or do they screw right in?

Do you really think I need to "caulk my horns"? I don't hear any ringing. There are threads describing this process as something that decreased sound quality.

Yeah tell us what year they are. As far as replacing an AL network goes I would generically say yes by all meansdo it. I replaced mine with ALK kits. I love them. Al Klappenberger (ALKs), Dean G and Bob Crites (BEC) all do fine crossover work. Als crossovers are a bit more sophisticated than the updated AA and A networks but Dean and Bob can make you a sweet network if you want them to. Bob makes new versions of AA and A networks and Dean will build them pretty much the way you want. John Warren is another individual who produces exceptional quality crossovers. There are numerous posts on this forum attesting to the quality of work these guys do. My experience as I indicated is with the ALKs. They made such an unbelievable difference in the sound of my La Scalas from the previous 20-year-old ALs that were in them. You can effectively tune your sound to your liking with the ALKs via the taps on the autotransformer. The caps in your ALs have more than likely drifted off spec and your sound has degraded with them. If you have had them awhile you dont notice it since you have adjusted to their sound changing. When you put new networks in you will be astounded. The route you choose to go is up to you but definitely upgrade your networks.

Edit: Just noticed you are in Paris. If you search through the forum you will be able to find posts by the aforementioned gentlemen and click on their avatar and you will be able to e-mail them for details