It's almost time!

ARPRINCE

It has been 2 over two months now since I joined the forum. Read and learned about the Klipsh models. Has changed my mind several times on what I would get but Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it's now almost time to get the "good" stuff.

Now, I have two "final" option for my purchase. Both are almost at par with cost so I just want to get any opinion on both.

#1 1-RC35, 2-RF35, 2-RB35

#2 1-RC7, 2-RB75

Honestly, I'm leaning on option #2 so I can upgrade in the future but I just don't know when I would be able to get "floorstanders" or I might even use n RB-25 as rear surround coz it's cheaper. Needless to say, I will be stuck with 3.1 setup (using PB12-ISD) for maybe a loooonng while.

BTW, 6ave has the Yamaha RX-V2400 on sale for less than $600. I'm also leaning on that but I would really like to get the RX-V1500. The system will be used mainly for HT.

Any thought? Thanks

----------------

On 11/21/2004 9:01:24 PM nicholtl wrote:

My opinion? Option #2. Because, like you said, you may (and will) upgrade eventually, and it's better to have an outstanding h-fi setup later than it is to have a mid-fi setup now.

Patience is a virtue.

All good things come to those who wait.

Haste makes waste.

----------------

I think I would be able to add a pair of RB25 as surrounds to my option#2. Would that be a good match?

Thanks

My opinion is this... I would put the RF35's above the RB75's any day. The large floor standing speaker sounds alot better to my ear than the bookshelf. To me those bookshelfs sound sorta tin sounding (best I can describe) When you play the bookshelf then swap to the RF35 it just sounds like a full sound. I guess the dual speakers and the horn are alot better than one speaker and the horn. Listen for yourself though. Have the sales guy change speakers and see which one sounds better to you.

I was going to do the Bookshelfs until I listened to the RB75 and RF35's side by side.

BTW I saw that Yamaha 2400 receiver for less than $600 at ultimate electronics. Check out the Marantz SR5500 too its a good receiver. Honestly if you can get the Reference 35's all around why settle for a 3.1 system. That 35 system with a decent receiver will add a smile to your face alot more than a 3.1 system would. Not everyone has the cash to buy Rf7's and 7's all around. The 35's are a good speaker and will make a very nice system for your HT.

If you dont already have it you will need cables and wire. Thats not cheap. Plus maybe a power center of some type. You can find some monster power centers on ebay alot cheaper than the stores. Also try ac4l.com or bluejeanscable.com for cables. Acoustic Research Pro 2 or Master is fine for a system. Dont be hucked into Monster THX Ultra or Z series cables. You will pay a fortune.

----------------

On 11/26/2004 12:37:14 AM myriadcorp wrote:

My opinion is this... I would put the RF35's above the RB75's any day. The large floor standing speaker sounds alot better to my ear than the bookshelf. To me those bookshelfs sound sorta tin sounding (best I can describe) When you play the bookshelf then swap to the RF35 it just sounds like a full sound. I guess the dual speakers and the horn are alot better than one speaker and the horn. Listen for yourself though. Have the sales guy change speakers and see which one sounds better to you.

I was going to do the Bookshelfs until I listened to the RB75 and RF35's side by side.

BTW I saw that Yamaha 2400 receiver for less than $600 at ultimate electronics. Check out the Marantz SR5500 too its a good receiver. Honestly if you can get the Reference 35's all around why settle for a 3.1 system. That 35 system with a decent receiver will add a smile to your face alot more than a 3.1 system would. Not everyone has the cash to buy Rf7's and 7's all around. The 35's are a good speaker and will make a very nice system for your HT.

If you dont already have it you will need cables and wire. Thats not cheap. Plus maybe a power center of some type. You can find some monster power centers on ebay alot cheaper than the stores. Also try ac4l.com or bluejeanscable.com for cables. Acoustic Research Pro 2 or Master is fine for a system. Dont be hucked into Monster THX Ultra or Z series cables. You will pay a fortune.

----------------

The RF-35's have more bass, but that is the only catagory in which they are superior to the RB-75. The RB-75 slaughters them as far as detail and midrange/high end sound quality go, and with an appropriate subwoofer would also prevail over the RF-35's in terms of all round sound.

why not begining by 2 RF7, so you will have a good stereo setup.

and then you will be able to upgrade step by step, an RC7, then 2 RB75 or RS7....then a sub.

in that way i think you will enjoy listening to your system.

i think that only 2 good floorstanding speakers are better than good surround and center.

it s just my opinion.

GREAT, just paid $900 for the RXV2400 about three months ago. It's a great receiver and the YPAO eq/balancing thingy really does the trick. Just leave the room when you turn on the test tones. It'll drive you mental.

Speakers, Option #2 my friend. I always tell folks, get the BIGGEST, BADDEST center speaker you can afford, you'll never be sorry and you only have to get ONE. The RC7 is leagues ahead of the RC35. Also agree that if you've got the floor space RF's are the way to go. Double the woofs= 1/2 the cone excursion for same loudness or an extra 3dB for the same cone excursion, either way, DOUBLE your FUN!

Buy it all, go nuts, have a blast!

Michael

OK I ended up getting option #1 simply because they told me that they didn't have the RC7 on stock and don't know when they would get it.

I brought home my RF35 last Friday (11/26). I got my RC35 and RB35 last night. Opened the boxes to check them out and I REALLY REALLY love them (it's the same feeling you get when you open up presents during X'mas when I was a kid). These units are just a thing of beauty!!!! All in all, I got my system with a 23% discount from the list price - not bad IMHO.

I got my Yamaha RXV1500 for $545. Better than any internet price out there and coming from an Authorized dealer at that.

I received my SVS PB12-ISD last night too! OMG, these thing is HUGE and HEAVY!!!!! I was not at home when it was delivered but I was told that the UPS guy asked to be helped to carry them in the house. I began to wonder if I should have gotten the PB10 instead.

Can't wait to set them up since my cables/connectors and stands are still to be delivered. But I'm happy and believe me when I say that "HAPPY" is an understatement!!