pros & cons of these amps denon, marantz, & nad

mo50

NAD used to have a very proud name. They were a mid to upper end receiver IMO for many years. I have not seen or heard them too much in recent years so I can't comment much. They are usually straight forward good stuff. Good clean Amps inside.

Marantz, while most people see mid level stuff here in the USA, has some incredible high end stuff out of Japan. I am not sure why the high end stuff is not marketed here. Most the stuff in the USA is mid level here..of the three this one is probbaly 3rd on your list. They do have a specific Home Theater line though that has a lot of features a few years ago a lot of buzz around it too.

Denon seems to work very well with Klipsch. You can use either the Heritage and the Reference line as well. They are warm sounding (by that I mean not too harsh and tend not to add too much is anything to the material pushed through it at all) which is always good. I would say looking at your three choices, the Denon might be the best one.

Again my opinions, of the group you suggested.

These which amp questions are very difficult to come to a conclusion with. One can seldom have the opportunity to really do equal comparisons to one another. Even if a retail outlet has both, they might be in different rooms with different speakers. Ultimately, how do we decide. So many things go into these decisions. Which brand strikes us as the better value. Which one did a trusted recommendation come from. Seldom is it a side by side equal test that our ears get to differentiate between. Even if we do, the pre-listening biases come into play. My father grew up with a Marantz receiver when I was a teenager. A good friend had a McIntosh amp. My first receiver as a kid was Sansui. My best friend in college had Harman Kardon. Ultimately it's based upon what. Which one sounds the "best"; hell we seldom (no never) get to listen to all these power sources in the room with the speakers that we own or will own. So, how are we deciding what is best. We bring a lot of our own biases into these recommendations. Right, or have I been drinking too much tonight before I wrote this.

I'd consider the Marantz SR7500, may cost abit more but a totally different package. Nice unit, up to date, impressive looks, and fits the bill so to speak...10.gif

Any A\V Receiver can reproduce a sound field in HT, DTS, Dolby, EX, etc etc...

But who does music quality better in a A\V Receiver, and covers the highs, mids, lows....MARANTZ....IMO... 10.gif

If you can get the SR7400 at a good price, do it...10.gif

The sound of the denon is good but i just dont like denon. i dont like the way they look and they way theyre set up. i also dont feel the impact that i hear in a harman kardon. they just seem sluggish to me. u have to get way on up there to get something that i would consider "cool" and can deliver some seriously damaging power. IMO go H/K