khorn tweeter gone bad

iwillwalk

yes i hate to even think about it, dont know how it happend or when, but now i hae to get it fixed.klipch said i just need to replace the diphram(?)how hard is this? i cant do it because i'm in a wheelchair so how can i get it fixed? does anybody have one sitting around i could buy? what do i do?

steve

Contact BEC (Bob Crites) on the forum. He can send you a new diaphram and explain how to fix it or you can send it to him for repair. It's very easy. As long as you can get someone to help you pull it out, it's pretty easy.

Good luck.

BTW - How'd you blow it? Too much juice? It's always the first to go.

Should be 2 nuts to take off and disconnecting the wires which you can do from the crossover. You just need to get them out of the corner so you can access the inside of the top bin. It's a bit of reaching which is why I think you'll need someone to help. Any non-audio person can do it though.

Steve,

I sent you an email. Pretty sure that you have the K-77M with square magnets so you should be able to use the kits that I have with the diaphragm pre-installed in the plastic housing. If yours also have the slip on connectors on the tweeters, the diaphragm change out will be a snap with no soldering.

Bob Crites

It probably started out with pot and ended up with fast women and hard drugs.

I see it happen everyday. But I have to wonder if the tweeters were just born bad or that they were good tweeters that just fell in with the wrong crowd...

If your tweeters suddenly show up one day with a tattoo or a new piercing, you gotta keep an eye on them, they might be getting "high" behind your back.

DM2.gif