URGENT!!! Tannoy Speakers?

Woodog

Wow! I don't think that dude even has it installed right!!

Yeah, Mike, I bet they'll be fun to play with over the winter. The wood is really unbelievable on them. The old gal I got them from showed me the cabinet that matched them. Her ex had them made from local mahogony while serving in The Phillipines. Used to hold a record player and what-not some time ago. Holds silver now, but it's still just gourgeous.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/11/2004 2:37:49 PM bkrop wrote:

Some info!

( Tannoy site, I assume you know all about the Klipschorns!
2.gif
)

Congrats, great deal...

----------------

Thanks for this information. I have a lot to learn about these sweet and strange speakers. I *do* think I've made a tactical error, however. I couldn't keep the Khorns and the Tannoys in the same room, so I put the Tannoys in the kid's room (he's 13) and hooked them up for him. This evening I came home and the house was shaking.. Gavin (my son) has taken a liking to the bass output they are capable of. I went into his room to find him with a lit match watching the flame dance in front of the cabinets. 'Look at this Dad!... this is so cool! I'm catching a breeze off of these'

Eminem sounds pretty good on 'em, I have to admit. Gavin has taken to calling them 'his speakers'. I remind him.. no son, the Heresys are 'yours', those are *MINE*. They just happen to be in your room for the time being. 9.gif

Yes, you can play them... Gavin, please turn that *DOWN*.

whew..

Forrest

----------------

On 12/13/2004 8:05:45 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I've walked in on my wife blasting Slim Shady on our Tannoys more than a few times!

----------------

I'm sorry, I just found this thread, and I know I should read the entire thing before replying, but this seems so shocking! Allan, I am not familiar, are Tannoys a brand of vintage sofas, or something?

----------------

On 12/13/2004 8:50:46 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 12/13/2004 8:05:45 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I've walked in on my wife blasting Slim Shady on our Tannoys more than a few times!

----------------

I'm sorry, I just found this thread, and I know I should read the entire thing before replying, but this seems so shocking! Allan, I am not familiar, are Tannoys a brand of vintage sofas, or something?

----------------

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

6.gif9.gif3.gif

Forrest (LMAO)