price range for Altec 902 drivers

Colin

I bought mine on ebay for I think $89 each (from aep30 who deals in Altec equipment) with working diaphragms. New diaphragms are about $90 a piece so keep that in mind on what you are bidding on. I bought my 511s from him as well.

I think Great Plains Audio sells new drivers (Altec clones) for around $200.

Shawn

Colin---Ya try Jammin Jersey? www.jamminjersey.com

I'd pay up to $300 a pair for working 902s with original diaphragms. Good driver, very good. I bought a pair with McCauley lenses on Ebay for $150 but I consider that an outstanding deal.

Try www.voiceofthetheatre.com He sells Altc gear.

Also try L&M trading in Butler Pa. No website. I bought a pair of 288Ks from him for only $300, a super price. The guy there told me he has everything Altec. Guy stands behind his stuff; one of my 288s had a shifted top-plate and he sent another, no problem.

----------------

On 12/14/2004 10:19:01 AM sfogg wrote:

I bought mine on ebay for I think $89 each (from aep30 who deals in Altec equipment) with working diaphragms. New diaphragms are about $90 a piece so keep that in mind on what you are bidding on. I bought my 511s from him as well.

I think Great Plains Audio sells new drivers (Altec clones) for around $200.

Shawn

($200.00 Each)

aep30 is good as gold for the horns. Bill at Great Plains worked at Altec and owns the original Altec tooling for the 902's. Would they be considered "clones"? Some say that the diaphragms may not be as good as others. ??? At $400.00, the level of confidence provided in buying NEW was more than worth a hot deal pig in a poke. Should be able to buy a great 902/511b set for $600.00 to $650.00. Sound for Khorns??? Sound for CW's !!!!!!!!

Terry

----------------

11.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a couple of 902 drivers today from Great Plains Audio (405-789-0221). These are a bunch of former Altec guys who make new 902 drivers to original specs using former Altec equipment. The drivers are guaranteed for a year and come with everything needed to secure them to the horns. $190. each.

Mick

----------------

On 1/13/2005 6:16:10 PM Mick Bell wrote:

I just purchased a couple of 902 drivers today from Great Plains Audio (405-789-0221). These are a bunch of former Altec guys who make new 902 drivers to original specs using former Altec equipment. The drivers are guaranteed for a year and come with everything needed to secure them to the horns. $190. each.

Mick

----------------

Congrats! You will be as pleased as I am. Just make sure they are the right OHM.

Regards,

Terry

PS: Let me know what you think.