Photos of my new Cornwalls

Tom Adams

Those look like some FINE Cornwalls....,

...it's interesting that these wouldn't have been designated as II's, for having the mirror, vertical horn setup. Maybe by 72 they stopped using that designation..

I see your's also have the "this end UP" sticker for std. or "Lowboy" placement (which still seems unique to risorless examples...).

Are your horns on the same side as the PWK emblem,

or the opposite side?

You should be one happy buyer....

Dan-OH!~

Tom,

There seems to be text on the sticker with the up arrows.

Can you tell us, or show us, what it says.

My guess is that the lowboy orientation (is that correct?) puts the tweeter at the top.

Thanks,

Gil

Dan-Oh! asked: "Are your horns on the same side as the PWK emblem, or the opposite side?"

The horns are on the same side as the PWK emblems. And yes, I'm a VERY happy buyer. Smile.gif

Klipschguy asked: "...Sweet. How do they sound?"

They sound exactly like Cornwalls (sorry - couldn't resist Smile.gif). Seriously, they sound fantastic. There are times when I think the KSW-15 has kicked in only to look over at it and the on/off LED is still red. Mmmmm........bass. Mids & highs are smoother/warmer/mellower. Detail is on par with the Heresy's, but none of the harshness. I can see me finally trying out you tip on my Heresy's now that they're sitting all alone in my PC room. The wife loves the sound of them. Only wishes they were smaller somehow.

DougDrake2 said: "Tom - We have the coffee table that matches your end-table in the first photo!!! Want to trade your Cornwalls for it so you have a complete set?"

Uhhhh, like no. But if you wanna buy it, it's for sale. Hell, I'll even let ya listen to the Cornwalls when you come to pick it up! Biggrin.gif

Mr. McDermott said: "There seems to be text on the sticker with the up arrows. Can you tell us, or show us, what it says. My guess is that the lowboy orientation (is that correct?) puts the tweeter at the top."

I'll look at what it says tonight. And yes, the arrows indicate which way to orient the speaker in order to place the tweeter on top. It also means that the speaker in the photo showing the up arrow sticker(which is the left speaker in the vertical mode), becomes the right speaker in the lowboy mode. Hope that makes sense. I was wondering why they woulda put those up arrow stickers on them until I was informed by Allan Songer that the grills don't come off.

Ok, I've answered y'alls questions, so answer one for me. What does my serial no. indicate or tell me?

Tom Adams

Hey that same guy tested my '79 Cornwalls. Too cool.

------------------

Main System -

CORNWALLS (circa '79 yippe)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running bridged 800W/4 ohms for sub)

ProMedia 4.1 for PC

Bedroom -

KG4's or RF-3's (haven't decided yet)

Harman Kardon AVR 20 MKII

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 08-09-2001 at 09:00 PM

Tom,

from what you said...

"It also means that the speaker in the photo showing the up arrow sticker(which is the left speaker in the vertical mode), becomes the right speaker in the lowboy mode. "

...so this convention would always have the horns UP and Outbound??

That's what works the best in my current application..

I bet you're still enjoying the "break-in"...

Dan-OH!~