O/T: My Holiday Gift

dodger

Greetings:

I had a 9:45 Doctor's appointment for Knee and Blood Pressure Check yesterday.

Within 1/4 of a mile from the Office there is a a curve that you slow down for. Halfway through the curve one begins to resume speed.

Gave gas, my truck went forward, started doing a curve a took me over a 6 1/2 " curb. Momentum kept me going, but going up an over the curb blew out both passenger side tires and obviously damaged rims.

So close to Doctor's pulled it in and saw the damage. Some time ago, I had bought 4 rims for snow tires.

Now this is my 1985 Toyota baby. Only once have I had a problem - water in gas from station, 2 gas anti-freeze took care of it.

Took a couple deep breaths went in to doc's. Knees doing as well as can be, gee, blood pressure was up.

Explained.

Truck was flat bedded to dealer 4 hours to get tires. No damage to front end. Didn't hit head on side window. Only had to buy 2 tires, got ride to house to get rims.

There was a car behind me that I could have hit, one on-coming that I could have hit. Driving home, alignment still okay. Problem was brake caliper froze up. Only 20 years old.

I was p.o.'d about it yesterday, dealer called today to make sure that I didn't hit my head. NO.

Have 2 full Snow tires (wanted them anyway), glass intact, and my head in normal (abby normal) condition. Hit no one, no one hit me

Somebody was watching over - thanks.

dodger

• Moderators

Glad you're ok, dodger!

Seems like I have a close encounter every time I go home from work... driving on the interstates, there's always bottleneck traffic somewhere...lanes come to a screaming halt, and anyone behind not paying attention has to squeel tires on the shoulder to avoid people in front. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it's still scary.

Side roads are looking so much more appealing, even though they take twice as long. Better to arrive in tact 1.gif

----------------

On 12/17/2004 5:10:40 PM hwatkins wrote:

----------------

On 12/17/2004 12:01:49 PM dodger wrote:

Somebody was watching over - thanks.

dodger
----------------

Prego

I also have watch over you next Wednesday -

----------------

Well, with the name, I think that's good. I do feel more comfortable here.

Merry Christmas

-----------------------------------

Cluless9.gif

Thanks.

I hope you have a great Christmas.

do0ger