Bath for Klipsch?

Ki Choi

I am thinking about giving baths to two of my Belles. They came to me with tons of cobwebs and years of dirt and stains, I am not sure just cleaning them with furniture cleaning stuff would do the job. They are WO finish and direct contact with water would not be good.

Let me know if you have better ideas on how to give a serious cleaning to them.

Ki

Ki, BLO thinned with mineral oil and a little old fashioned elbow grease should do the trick as well as restore the finish. A Scotchbrite pad dipped in the mixture and rubbed WITH THE GRAIN will take off the accumulated crud. Wipe off any excess with a soft lint free cloth. They'll sparkle like new.3.gif

Rick

Mick:

I checked the possibility of removing the very top piece as you had suggested. Are you talking about four phillips screws that must access from bottom up? If so, I would have to use the short stubby screw drivers to remove the top.

How about the grilles? Has anyone come up with good way to remove the grilles from Belle Klipsch? Removing and cleaning the grilles on Khorns were easy. It seems the bottom grilles would be difficult to remove on Belles.

In addition, isn't there a forum member who works on reapplying veneer to old Klipsch speakers? I would love to send him one of the Belle Klipsch top that has 1/3 of the walnut veneer missing at the front edge strip (a handy work of previous owner's 2 year-old).

Thanks again guys, it's going to be a good time for me cleaning Klipsch Belles over the holidays.

Ki

----------------

On 12/18/2004 8:12:33 AM Ki Choi wrote:

I would love to send him one of the Belle Klipsch top that has 1/3 of the walnut veneer missing at the front edge strip (a handy work of previous owner's 2 year-old).

Ki

----------------

Hi Ki, I'm thinking that repair can be made with a small investment of research, tools and materials, as opposed to the time and expense of shipping a Belle top section, out of town.

It would kill me to know, that they didn't they keep the broken off piece. However, most wood veneers(www.'s) and stains(locally?) are available to make this an un-detectable DIY project.16.gif