GTG and Blind Speaker test in Northwest Pennsylvania...

craigsub

We are going to have a GTG and blind speaker test in Spring, 2005 ... The players will be a pair of Klipsch RF-7's, Paradigm 100 V.3, Rocket 850's, Audes Blues, and some other entrants such as B&W and Dynaudio ... The basic premise, the speakers must sell for about $2000 per pair... and by then, we hope to have at least ten speaker pairs here...

There is a thread open on AVS, and JimRoberts, a frequent poster on AVS, and HAPPY RF-7 owner, will be on hand.

As the Rocket guys have opened a thread on their site, it seemed a good idea to do so here, too... and the attendance is still open, for those interested.

Hi Craig, thanks for stopping by.

O.K., clue me in here -- what is "GTG", and what's the premise of the testing. I'm sure no one would find it much of a challenge figuring out which is Klipsch. It would be like trying to tell the difference between steak and hamburger with your eyes closed.9.gif

Yep ... Get together is right. Everyone thinks it is a walk in the park to pick a speaker... I am not saying anyone is right or wrong about it... but it sure will be fun to see what happens !

We are about an hour or so from Franklin ... and as things firm up, I will post the date...

Carl ... I have been posting more on AVS, HTF, and AV123 ... HTS got too quiet.... One of the reasons I wanted to do this little GTG is I may be the only guy in America that likes Klipsch AND Rockets.. And if someone can bring a pair of RF-7's, COOL ...

One rule though... as it is a blind test, I will be the only one who knows which speakers are which during the test ... and it IS possible that the RF-7's would no be in the blind portion... only 4 out of 8 or 9 pairs of speakers will be included in the blind portion...

Of course, once the Blind part is done, and scores turned in .... EVERYONE can then inspect the speaker setups as they are, for "proof" everything was wired properly... etc...

OH ... and for the Amp... a McIntosh MA-6900