Tres cool little find at the local antique shop...

Griffinator

I went rifling through the records at this estate shop here in town, pretty much expecting that all the really cool records would have been snatched up by now.

Much to my shock and delight, I discover a minty fresh copy of European Concert Recordings by Ambassador Satch - Columbia CL840. It's a live recording of his 1955 European tour.

Collectible? I doubt it, but damn what a great recording, a real joy to listen to. From "Royal Garden Blues" to "Tiger Rag", his licks just jumped right off that needle and straight into my living room. Absolutely wonderful.

Definitely the best $1 I've spent recently...

----------------

On 12/23/2004 9:18:46 PM Griffinator wrote:

Much to my shock and delight, I discover a minty fresh copy of
European Concert Recordings by Ambassador Satch
- Columbia CL840. It's a live recording of his 1955 European tour.

Definitely the best $1 I've spent recently...

----------------

I love rifling through old record bins. Most of my favourite vinyl has been scored for only $1 to $2!

----------------

On 12/24/2004 1:22:11 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Griff;

A bit on the mellow side for you.

----------------

You underestimate me...

Oh yeah, that's right, I brought a bunch of fist-pounding metal to Indy, didn't I?

That's because I knew there'd be plenty of jazz already there 2.gif

If you saw my little vinyl collection, you'd either assume that more than one person contributed to it, or be quite convinced that I was a hopeless eccentric. When Iron Maiden sits next to the 5th Dimension, flanked by Frank Zappa and Joni Mitchell, right near the Billy Joel and Men At Work, you're looking at an eccentric record collection 9.gif

----------------

On 12/24/2004 8:29:55 AM Griffinator wrote:

You underestimate me...

Oh yeah, that's right, I brought a bunch of fist-pounding metal to Indy, didn't I?

That's because I knew there'd be plenty of jazz already there
2.gif

If you saw my little vinyl collection, you'd either assume that more than one person contributed to it, or be quite convinced that I was a hopeless eccentric. When Iron Maiden sits next to the 5th Dimension, flanked by Frank Zappa and Joni Mitchell, right near the Billy Joel and Men At Work, you're looking at an eccentric record collection
9.gif

----------------

nah, that's the collection I would expect of a good musician.

----------------

On 12/24/2004 8:29:55 AM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 12/24/2004 1:22:11 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Griff;

A bit on the mellow side for you.

----------------

You underestimate me...

That's because I knew there'd be plenty of jazz already there
2.gif

If you saw my little vinyl collection, you'd either assume that more than one person contributed to it, or be quite convinced that I was a hopeless eccentric. When Iron Maiden sits next to the 5th Dimension, flanked by Frank Zappa and Joni Mitchell, right near the Billy Joel and Men At Work, you're looking at an eccentric record collection
9.gif

----------------

Griff sounds like my collection, all sorts of flavors.

Tom