Outlaw Audio and Klipsch...

SilverSport

...anyone have any experience with both???...I am looking to get into Home Theater...I have started with baby steps but as with many things...I am just about to break the speed of sound (apologies to Chuck Yeager!)...Using my older brother as a guide, he recommended I look into Outlaw Audio...some killer prices (albeit more than I thought I was going to spend...I bet NO ONE here ever did that, right??? ;)

Outlaw Audio 950 Processor

Outlaw Audio 100 watt amp 7100 (7.1 X 100 watts all channels driven)

Outlaw Audio Sub or Klipsch sub

Klipsch Synergy F-3s front/center/rear surround or Klipsch Reference RF-35s front/center/rear surround

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have done the searches here but come up with little information on the Synergy (most think cheap) and Reference (more say MUCH better than current Synergy)

HELP!

Thanks,

Bill

The folks at avsforums consider Outlaw to be pretty good. If I assume you plan to base this system around the Klipsch speaker lines, just be sure to check out the normal receiver brands (Denon, HK, Marantz, etc.). If you plan to buy the whole set of speakers at a local HT store you'll probably get a nice discount, so any receiver in the package would likely be discounted as well. I've found that the more cash you drop, the better deals you can haggle.

Also I think you'll find that SV Subwoofers are equally if not better priced than the Outlaw and have incredible HT performance. Check the Subwoofer section and you'll find quite a few threads about them.

BTW there is a thread about the F-3 Synergy line vs. Reference.

Apac020:

Thanks...just over there looking into the subs before I checked back here...I keep seeing where Trey did some review on the F-3s but only find the links that lead to comments like the Synergy's are not as good as the Reference line but no real world comments...what am I missing when I try the search keys?

Thanks,

Bill

I'm currently using an Outlaw 7100 with my Klipsch Reference speakers. While there are better 7 channel amps out there, I don't think you can do better at that price range.

The Outlaw 950 has some good options, but I've never heard one. If you do end up getting one, I'd suggest going used. Retail on those is $900, and there's one on Audiogon right now for $575. Recently on sold there for $450. They seem to pop up quite often.

As far as the sub goes, I'd second SVS. Thats the route I'm planning to take eventually.

I would highly recommend you get the RF-35s over the F-3s.

Outlaw products are very good, especially for the price. However, I would highly advise you get the 200W/ch Outlaw amps - they are worth the price difference.

As for the subwoofer, the LFM-1 is considered very good, but you can get the RW-12 for almost the same price after a dealer discount, and I would think it's a better sub.

Thanks for the replies...actually...Outlaws new price on the 950 brand new is...$699...so itza bargain if such things exist...as to the Reference RF-35s being better than the F3s...can you tell me why they're better other than where they're made, some component upgrades and wires (Monster cable)can you tell me why??? The References and Synergys are similar in size and specs (Synergy better on some and Reference better on others) but the Reference are a bit more cash...thanks for your responses.

Bill

(I am talking about the F-3s and NOT the SF-3s)

Don't be afraid to try the Outlaw stuff. You already know that you can return it in 30 days. I tried the 950 and had no problem sending it back. It's a good piece, I'm sure you will like it with those speakers.

I sent mine back, because it wasn't quite the sound that I wanted, and I wanted a few more features. You will have to pay a couple grand more to beat the 950. I would recommend it to anyone. Outlaw is coming out with a replacement for the 950 you may want to wait.