Mere mention of Synergy turn you off???

SilverSport

I apologize for asking so many questions about the new Synergy line but being new to Home Theater, I was trying to keep to a price point and I had never bought more than 2 speakers in a sitting and I guess I have to get used to spending a bit more.

It just seems that anytime I mention "Synergy", well, that's the end of that thread.

So I apologize for asking newbie questions and bringing up the "red headed step child" of Klipsch speakers...

Thanks to all that did contribute to my questions...

Bill

Guest Anonymous

the new sf3's have been getting great ratings around here, you will find in past threads that the new synergy series has taken a whole new turnaround as far as improvments, they have been redesigned and look and sound a lot better. great for the price and a good value... look into past threads about the sf-3s

...but you can see where some confusuion comes in as the SF-3s are the old and I am interested in the NEW F-3s...when I do a search I start to read good or bad and then they say SF-3 in the same thread with F-3 and...well...confusion!

I appreciate your response and help...

Bill

I just bought a complete Synergy F-3 surround system, with a KSW-12 and the matching Center and Surrounds. I got a great deal, (I think) through BB and also got the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K receiver.

Unfortunately I am waiting for the wife to allow me to de-Tree the room before the new system goes in and gets turned on.

The system sounded fabulous in the store, but I can't comment on how it will sound in my room as I haven't heard it set up yet. I wasn't able to A/B it against anything like the Reference series, but I have noticed many R owners around here are quick to tell anyone that ask that the F-3s don't compare. I wouldn't know, but the F-3s sounded great to me against the other speakers I listened to in the same range; Paradigms, Polks, Saphhire and Bose, Boston Research.

My take is that there aren't that many F-3 owners out here, and they're not feeling a need to defend their purchases, but a few have said they were really happy with the sound per dollar ratio.

YMMV

----------------

On 12/29/2004 9:17:06 PM Steve_L wrote:

My take is that there aren't that many F-3 owners out here, and they're not feeling a need to defend their purchases, but a few have said they were really happy with the sound per dollar ratio.

YMMV

----------------

I like mine just fine but dont post much I know they are lot better then my old kg]

----------------

On 12/29/2004 9:17:06 PM Steve_L wrote:

I wouldn't know, but the F-3s sounded great to me against the other speakers I listened to in the same range; Paradigms, Polks, Saphhire and Bose, Boston Research.

----------------

You merged two companies 3.gif . Boston Research is not a company, however Boston Acoustics and Acoustic Research are companies.

I'm 99% sure I am getting the new Synergy's (F-3, C-3, S-3 system) and I could have those, JBL, Def Tech, Vienna, Boston, etc. at the same sort of prices (where I woek - discount)

The F-3's have some serious SLAP and PUNCH (think Batman 9.gif ) that some other speakers seem to lack.

Only thing I don't like is the grills, they seem to fall off in the store! 6.gif

I have had my Synergy F-3 Home Theater System up and running since Thanksgiving. My family and I love the system. It was great on Thanksgiving & Christmas watching movies and sports. But my best recommendation is this everyone is coming to our house for New Years.

Be safe and happy.

Other components include:

60 Sony LCD TV

Dual 502 Turntable

Yamaha 5790 Receiver

LG LST-3510 Digital Receiver & DVD

1.gif

You merged two companies
3.gif
. Boston Research is not a company, however Boston Acoustics and Acoustic Research are companies.

----------------

I'm a master at acquistions and mergers. They probably needed a good merger anyway, the market is much too crowded, and look how people get them mixed up! LOL!!

My sister just bought the F-3s and the matching center, surrounds and sub. I just had her take the center back and get another F-3. I converted the F-3 into a canter channel speaker for her. I told her to tell the salesman that the center channel speaker should be the same as the mains. She said the salesman thought see was just another crazy female.

I guess the speakers sound alright in her small room. I'm just used to more. She loves them and keeps saying how much better they sound then her other speakers. I ended up giving her my old receiver, and she was shocked at what an improvement that also make in the sound. There may be hope for her after all.