1 Month awaiting parts for my RSW

kevinlwilliams67

Kevin:

not to speak for Amy but I believe she meant that your store is the proper conduit to the company and she already stated they are glad to work with your store...your store SHOULD have contacted Klipsch on your behalf to "fix" the matter...don't think for a minute that your store did you a "favor" by giving you a new sub without expecting Klipsch to make good on the one they took back...I believe (I could be wrong) that had your store actually asked (I mean really asked Klipsch, not just tell you they did) Klipsch for a new sub to "make it right" with a customer, they would have gotten you one sooner.

I believe (again, I could be wrong) that you were caught in the middle between Klipsch, who needs to work with the store and not the end customer and the store who needs to work with the customer and Klipsch to get this done...I bet the store was slow to be firm enough with Klipsch (hoping the parts would come in because in the end, they need to re-sell your old sub as used...at least SOMEONE does) in getting you the replacement you deserved after so much time...just my .02

Bill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 months is no excuse for waiting for parts. Either Klipsch should have told the guy straight up to go to the dealer to get a replacement and not bait the guy into waiting needlessly for a part they apparently knew would take a while to come (i.e. so many were waiting for that same part) or sent him a replacement sub.... it is not a question of whether klipsch sells the sub direct, this is warranty we are talking about.

I think that klipsch can improve their customer service and not use the excuse of not having to babysit the dealer. If a company cared about how they were to be represented, they WOULD babysit the dealer whenever necessary.

----------------

On 1/4/2005 2:40:12 AM kenratboy wrote:

Well, first, stop being a little baby. I have to deal with that attitude and I laught myself sick over some people who get all worked up like that. It's funny for me and pathetic for their lives.

----------------

No, he has the right to be this way. It is not in your right, Kenrat, to tell him how he shouldnt be.

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/25/2005 11:57:08 AM pinipig523 wrote:

I think that klipsch can improve their customer service and not use the excuse of not having to babysit the dealer. If a company cared about how they were to be represented, they WOULD babysit the dealer whenever necessary.
----------------

EXACTLY. We do intervene, when it is "necessary." In this case, I wasn't even notified of the problem until the customer had already waited long enough to the point of frustration. I had to work with our customer service (which I am not in), shipping department, and part vendor to see what the hold up was, and before I was able to find out, he had already stated the dealer was getting him a new sub.

If, for instance, the dealer told him "too bad," that would have been a case where we would have intervened.

Not wanting to babysit our dealers is not an "excuse." We have quality dealers, and most of the time, it's simply not necessary.

You're gonna tell me that a supplier is making Klipsch wait that long for parts?! Whatever! If any manufacturer is having these kinkd of problems, and consistantly with their subs as klipsch has LF series, kw series and now the RS and RW series some one needs to have their butt kicked and then fired, this has been going on for years. I have a Klipsch sub now and its been fine since day one, but I've seen and heard enough about their amp and electronics issues that I will probably never buy another one, Its too much of a gamble for the return.

----------------

On 1/25/2005 12:01:26 PM pinipig523 wrote:

----------------

On 1/4/2005 2:40:12 AM kenratboy wrote:

Well, first, stop being a little baby. I have to deal with that attitude and I laught myself sick over some people who get all worked up like that. It's funny for me and pathetic for their lives.

----------------

No, he has the right to be this way. It is not in your right, Kenrat, to tell him how he shouldnt be.

----------------

I'm glad you & m00n basically called Kenratboy on the carpet for his remark. I too am in the camp of his comment being just a bit harsh and too premature. I think it's a sad commentary that his customer's have no idea of his attitude towards them and, possibly in some cases, his disdain for them. That type of lack of respect will come back to haunt him I fear. I know Ken means well, however he hasn't learned the fine art of engaging his brain before his mouth (or in this case his typing fingers1.gif)

Tom

this is sad i guess i made the wrong choice between subs my rsw 12 just stopped working after 3 months and god knows how long it will take to fix. the problem was it just wouldnt turn on at all and the fuse wasnt even blown.can some of you list the problems you had with yours.. ohh yea im ogoing to buy a svs pb2 ultra i heard they know how to take care of their clients in a speedy way ..wait they rarely blow ..thanks klipsch for the dissapointment8.gif

My new sub is great so far, by the time I got home Monday evening ( Spent to much time in Bass Pro) all I had time to do was hook it up. I watched Chronicles of Riddick last night and it was great to have a good sub again.

My original sub actually blow the woofer, I mean locked up voice coil on sub. If you are having a problem I would reccomend emailing Amy Unger right away and try to get an estimate on the time frame to repair your sub. I waited 2 months before I asked my dealer for a replacement due to the part being back ordered several times.

while I agree that Klipsch should not babysit there dealers they should keep an open line of commnications with them.

if Klipsch had taken the time to call that particular dealer, instead of posting here on the forum, I feel something could have been worked out sooner and instead of the customer waiting for 2 months. the customer in this case did follow the proper route but I feel, again my opinion, that Klipsch could have been a little more responsive and helping the customer and working to support the dealer.

IMO it would have been refreshing to see Klipsch talked to the dealer and they worked together to have an operational sub in the customers home.

I relate situations like this to a paycheck. how long would an employee sit idle waiting for a pay check after being told oh the machine broke and will not print out your last name, but we are waiting for a part sorry. Would someone willing wait 2 months or would they call the boss or someone higher up.

I could not imagine the look on an employees face if the president of a company came in and said, we don't baby sit our quality managers and we were hoping they would be able to fix the problem.