Here's something I found for you bottleheads

m00n

Thanks for the URL. Very interesting site .. lots of fun and educational reading.

There was another thread here a few days ago regarding the HK Citation II amp. Someone mentioned that it eats KT88s. I notice that one mod mentioned for the Citation II is to substantially reduce the bias on those KT88s.

Leo

The SDS Labs power supply boards are what Ned sells at Triode Electronics. There are none for the ST-70 in stock at the moment.

If you want one like this though, you can download the pdf and print out the board layout and etch your own. More time than labor. Craig doenst't like the replacement boards for the Dynaco PS though, and likes the handwired repacements better. As Craig pointed out to me yesterday, when a lot of these boards came out there were no multi-section caps in production.

I have a Curcio PS upgrade, but the SDS one looks a lot neater. Of course, you can't see it under the chassis.

Pretty neat stuff.

Marvel

Been there many times. Most of those products are what Ned used to sell. Ned hasn't had any of his Dynaco stuff for just about a year now. Marvel if your waiting on a cap board from Ned you may want to call him and ask him if he has found a new board manufacturer. The board manufacturer Ned used went out of business and took all Neds digital files for the boards with them is what Ned told me about this time last year.

Craig

I have the Curcio board. It works okay (not as tidy looking). I'm just waiting on tubes now.

The single guy who is SDS Labs needs to update his website since he still has Triode listed as a source for his Dynaco stuff.

btw Craig, I only have to say "DUH!" to my checking voltages last night. With all the tubes in, I am getting 463 volts on pin 2 of the recitfier. A bit high, but not what I was getting withour the EL34s in place. Since the one EL34 won't come up enough, having all new ones in will probably help that out too. Thanks for the input.

Marvel