Congratulations Silversport

dodger

Greetings:

Silversport was wondering why the Synergy word causes some to shall we say, not give it the highest praise.

Well, I wrote a reply on behalf of us Vintage Owners. I did not intend to sway him. I reflected upon how things were when the Vintage Line was THE Line.

He was nice enough to email me. Quite pleasant for today's attitudes.

It sounds as if he will not be buying the Klipsch Synergys.

I believe that we have a new Member for the Vintage Line with his purchase of Heresys. (If I got the names wrong in any way, I apologize.)

The Klipsch Gods smiled as he put it. I believe he will smile also.

So I present for your acclaim, a new Vintage Line Owner with my Congratulations.

dodger

Thanks everyone!

Today, I had planned to go and look at the Reference line one last time...listen again to the F3s (I am off of work today and thought with many back at work it would be less crowded!) and possibly make my purchase...TODAY!

I got home from work last night about midnight...checked the Forum...checked Audiogon and e-bay for the newest entries...what's this, a pair of vintage (80s) Heresys...with a decent BIN and appear from pictures and description to be in excellent condition??? WHAT??? The seller is right here in Chicago, Illinois??? I TRY to do my research but I don't want to miss out on...kismet...fate...the Klipsch gods ARE smiling on me...I BIN...the seller says the surrounds are as new, the 62 year old previous owner (his boss) has moved on to HT (hey, maybe HE bought Synergy) and this guy bought them to re-sell and make a profit...anyway, I see KHorns in the background of his pics and he lives 10 minutes from my house...I go today (this afternoon) to pick them up.

I will keep you all up on what they sound like and I am hoping to be BLOWN away...(I have KG2s and my older brother has Heresy IIs so I have an idea of how they sound)

Thanks for all your patience with me.

Bill

----------------

On 1/3/2005 10:36:55 PM silversport wrote:

I have been making my ears bleed...a little brighter than I am used to but I have not dialed them in just yet...piano, vocals, guitar...tight...very nice!

Bill
9.gif16.gif9.gif

----------------

Exactly the difference in the quasi Heritage and the Synergy's.

Keith

...so you approve??? I have been listening all morning and WOW...I am hearing some things for the first time...I can hear the plastic pick on the guitar strings...I guess what I have been listening too is much more compressed...there is a feeling of spaciousness I had not heard before...some vocals still seem a bit "echo-ey" (for lack of a better term) but I am still getting used to the 2 set up and this is with CDs through my DVD player, hooked to the TV...being driven by the Nakamichi (No Outlaw stuff yet)...

Bill

----------------

On 1/4/2005 1:02:32 PM silversport wrote:

...so you approve??? I have been listening all morning and WOW...I am hearing some things for the first time...I can hear the plastic pick on the guitar strings...I guess what I have been listening too is much more compressed...there is a feeling of spaciousness I had not heard before...some vocals still seem a bit "echo-ey" (for lack of a better term) but I am still getting used to the 2 set up and this is with CDs through my DVD player, hooked to the TV...being driven by the Nakamichi (No Outlaw stuff yet)...

Bill

----------------

Doesn't matter what I think Bill. Its a matter of personal choice. Personally, I wanted the detail you describe without harshness. I found what I wanted with my Synergy's. Hope you found what you were looking for. Enjoy!

Keith

----------------

On 1/4/2005 8:51:08 PM T2K wrote:

----------------

On 1/4/2005 1:02:32 PM silversport wrote:

Bill

----------------

Doesn't matter what I think Bill. Its a matter of personal choice. Personally, I wanted the detail you describe without harshness. I found what I wanted with my Synergy's. Hope you found what you were looking for. Enjoy!

Keith

----------------

Amen. While I also offer congrats to Silversport for acquiring Heritage, Keith makes a valid point. The only reason anyone should purchase one derivation of Klipsch over another is because that set of speakers sounds great to that person's ears (over a price or sound quotient of a different Klipsch line or model). In my case, I love both vintage Klipsch speakers and the modern Reference line and an lucky enough to own both.

So, enjoy your Synergies without reservation.

That being said, Silversport - again - welcome to vintage. The itch for upgrading within vintage will eventually hit you so hang on to your Heresies when that happens. They will compliment a variety of Heritage and other vintage Klipsch.

Carl.