Center for Heresy HT???

SilverSport

Any ideas on a proper center channel for the Heresys as my mains??? I think a Heresy center is out of the question for now anyway...too big, bulky and not video shielded...how bout an Academy??? Hens teeth to find??? Well then...KLF-C7??? I have seen some in x-cellent condition for around $590 delivered...any other ideas??? I fear my Synergy F3s are fading from view.

Thanks,

Bill

I run the Hersey's taller brother, the Forte, with a KLF-C7 as a center.

I keep hearing how the Academy is "the perfect" center for the Heritage line. My ears are telling me that the C7, if not perfect is pretty close, given the non-availabilty of the Academy.

silversport :

Don't count the Heresy out !!!

You can get the "bucking" magnets for the Heresy from Klipsch.

{ This will shield the center speaker from the tv. }

Call Klipsch toll free.

I used the Heresy for my center-channel, after I sold my RC-7 and

before I finally found my center LaScala .

Check my center out at http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=59011

mrock,

The Forte and Heresy are not in the same line, and they don't sound very much alike. The Heresy's next bigger brother is the Cornwall. The Forte's smaller brother is the Quartet. A KLF-C7 may sound fine with Fortes -- I don't know, I've never heard the combination. IMO & E an Academy does sound good with Fortes, but an Academy does not sound good with Heresies and a Heresy does not sound good with Fortes.

Bill, another Heresy or a home-brewed Heresy-based center is your best bet from the timbre and tonal match perspectives. After that you're down to picking the lesser of your weevils.

O

Though not identical, I can attest to the fact that the Heresy II and Forte are incompatible; I tried a "II" as a center between Fortes, and the sound was, well, "very noticably awry". The Heresy II was MUCH brighter than the Fortes!!

Popbumper

Bucking Magnets are about $30 for a 3-way speaker cabinet.

You must install them onto the original 3 magnets in the cabinet, with epoxy.

What those bucking magnets actually do is reshape the magnetic "round" field by flattening out .

It then just shoots it magnetically straight out front and back from the speaker...

and doesn't effect anything bellow or above the speaker.

Thus, being able to place a speaker onto or below a TV !!!

Best choice for a center for a Heresy is another Heresy. Best choice in a speaker with a center channel form factor is an Academy. But it is not as good a match as a Heresy. Heresys aren't video shielded as such. But if you get an older on with an alnico magnet woofer you probably won't have a problem with video distortion. The design of the magnet circuit produces lower levels of stray magnetic field than the later mud magnet wooferss. I have a 27" TV sitting right on top of a 72 Heresy on its side and get no detectable distortion. Some folks have go as far as to take a Heresy, build a new cabinet, and replace the 12" woofer with two smaller woofers.

Incredibly easy to install the "bucking" magnets.

Just make sure you have some epoxy for metal...I got mine for $4 at Home depot.

Call Klipsch and order them toll free !

They will explain how to install the magnets.

Make sure that the magnets "deflect" and do not stick together.

I used duct tape to keep the magnets together, before the Epoxy dried in 5 minutes.

fletcherkane:

You are welcomed. If ya need some coaching during the install, just give me a shout.

If ever in Houston...come by and hear my system.