Patent by Gillum and Klipsch on MCM 1900

WMcD

Wouldn't that be a nice experiment to be able to do.

The MCM has an Fc of 32 Hz.

The LS has an Fc of 63 Hz. Putting two side by side will increase effective mouth size and would be helpful. But the Fc's don't add.

Please note the MCM is being tested outdoors and off the ground. I'd think that LS run out of steam long before 45 Hz in those conditions, even with two of them.

Gil

Check the specs, my guess is that the MCM 1900, being engineered as a PA stack, would be much beamier than a LaScala. I used to use these for PA, they were AWEWOME. We had the entire stack I think it was dual 15's in the W bins, a 10 straight firing into a low-mid horn, dual driviers on a high horn, then an array of what looked like K-77's on top.

Michael

----------------

On 1/8/2005 7:37:58 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Check the specs, my guess is that the MCM 1900, being engineered as a PA stack, would be much beamier than a LaScala. I used to use these for PA, they were AWEWOME. We had the entire stack I think it was dual 15's in the W bins, a 10 straight firing into a low-mid horn, dual driviers on a high horn, then an array of what looked like K-77's on top.

Michael

----------------

That array was five 2 x 5 inch piezos made by Motorola in a concave arrangement. Paul told me later that the response of a piezo narrows when over-driven. I think that is one of the reasons (beside ignorance about using crossovers with piezos)why piezos got a bad rap when first introduced.

Michael you know this already-Lemme also point out that PA speakers _produce_ the sound, and therefore are part of the instruments (gutars, drums, keyboards, sequencers, ad infinitum). OTOH, home speakers _REproduce_ the music. That distinction is why so many people are disappointed in trying use PA speakers at home. The ends each type serves are different, not to mention the environment. Maybe in Heaven I can have the Dead's old Wall of Sound as my personal stereo. Here on Earth, it doesn't make much sense.6.gif