LPs For Sale

garymd

Max,

Were yours of ANY value? I didn't see much in the way of ebay sales.

I played one last night after cleaning the whole lot for someone who wanted to buy them and there was a lot of surface noise, even without scratches. Must have been my folks old Gerrard that screwed up the grooves. I won't sell them now. They look beautiful but play pretty lousy.

well Gary, if they sound that lousy, maybe i will reconsider the wisdom of my prior " I will buy them" comment.

.....and just to beat fini to the punch: i guess this is another reason not to buy records from your mom...........although i am sure he is a nice, sweet lady, it looks like she got the best of this deal. best regards, patrick

----------------

On 1/10/2005 1:01:18 PM st. patrick wrote:

.....and just to beat fini to the punch: i guess this is another reason not to buy records from your mom...........although i am sure
he
is a nice, sweet lady, it looks like she got the best of this deal. best regards, patrick

----------------

OK, if Gary's Mom is a guy, my offer is retracted, too.

2.gif

I can say with the utmost confidence that my mother IS of the female persuasion.13.gif Not to worry Fini.9.gif

I've seen my share of Belafonte LPs at the thrift shops but not in the condition which these appeared to be. I'm just glad I played one before shipping them out. Not that it was THAT bad, just not up to my standards. I have, however, played most of the Elton John LPs and I KNOW they are in excellent playable condition.

OK? Now enough about my mother. She could be a lurker here and may ask you guys to button up your cartigans before leaving work today! Better watch out. You know how Jewish mothers can be!4.gif

thank you fini, i stand corrected.

Gary, certainly no disrespect intended to your mom, just poor proof-reading skills on my part.......

wow, my first error.....now i know what it feels like to be human........

yeah, yeah, i know, i will work on the punctuation next......

Greg, LMAO.......now if i could just get my wife to feel the same way.....after 26 years of wedded bliss you would think she would have to love me just as i am........yet i always sense she is trying to change ("improve") me............................hey, at least i get the warm fuzzies here!!!!!!

I just looked at these and actually almost decided to keep them. They are in AMAZING condition and almost every LP has inserts!

Boomer - You better give me some good publicity after you get these!2.gif Send me your address and I'll try to get em out this week.

Gary,

Mixed bag on the Belafonte's I had in terms of quality. The ones I kept are as good as any record I own - the ones I sold we fair to good with no real duds. Luck I guess.

No - they were not worth much - I got $3 a piece - but I am a very good salesman11.gif