TiVO???? HOw do you pull off TiVO and put on P.C?

m00n

Got no idea if this would work but I've got an ATI All-in-wonder video card that also has a tv tuner. I've got my Direct TV hooked up into my pc (in addition to rest of house) so I can do what I may on pc, while news, game, other is playing. While doing that, it will also record for me.

I have my vcr hooked up also. I don't have a dvr, so don't know if it'd work, but with my vcr, I just put in tape and while it's playing on the "tv", I can hit record and transfer it from tape to my pc hard drive.

The All in wonder card, is probably the neatest, most liked upgrade I did to my pc.

Guest Anonymous

you you have to use either a usb cable or, the wireless b-card from linxsus, there is only like 2 wireless cards that will work with the tive and the wireless b from linxsus is one of them. One you have configured it throught a network it should show up, tivo's website does a really good job of having a step by step process of setting it up to work on a network and using it with your computer and what not

----------------

On 1/9/2005 9:43:30 PM m00n wrote:

Got the wife a TiVO for xmas (yes, it was for her not me). Has anyone ever tried to hook their TiVO to their PC and copy stuff onto their PCs? If so, how do you do it?

----------------

Tivo just released a software upgrade that will do exactly what you want. Read all about it here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you download Tivo's Desktop software from their website, it now will allow you to copy stuff to the computer...

However, I think the copying portion is still in "beta", so you must request a particular beta version of the Tivo Operating system for your Tivo.. (they send it automaticaly to the machine during the nightly updates) I think there is a link to the request page on the website near where you download the Tivo Desktop Software.

Funny how this started out with:

"Got the wife a TiVO for xmas (yes, it was for her not me)"

& ended up with:

"I have a ton of wood working shows on our TV that I know are starting to roll off cause I'm not getting to them fast enough"

9.gif