Just need your opinion??

Mystro

Hello everyone,

I am just curious if you guys have heard or demo'd the ACOUSTECH 5.1-CHANNEL LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM by BIC America.

The reason I ask is they look very similiar to the klipsch reference line but cost quite a bit less.

And the review is at: http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAR04/component/comp1.html

And no I am not plugging this product, I just would like to know what you guys think of it. Are they being paid to sway a positive review?

Just curious what you guys think, as for me I think I will stick w/ my Klipsch RF3II, RC3II, RS3II.

If you check you can almost find any other audio piece the author reviewed.

There have been some threads regarding those wannabes.

It's like those that wannabe Police Officers, until a weapon is pointed at them. Then they carefully move away so the real LEO can handle the matter.

dodger

----------------

On 1/11/2005 3:25:47 PM dodger wrote:

It's like those that wannabe Police Officers, until a weapon is pointed at them. Then they carefully move away so the real LEO can handle the matter.

----------------

Sounds like the toy-cop security guards I have down at my apartment's reception desk. They act all tough and macho, but when you ask them if they'd chase down a burgular, they reply, "oh hell no, I don't get paid enough for dat sh!t"

Awww...thank you thank you..

I was wanting a second setup for my bedroom...this is the main reason I asked. I guess the saying is true "You get what you pay for" or something like that 9.gif

I will most likely stick w/ klipsch. DAMN I love KLIPSCH speakers. <3

Thanx for you replys

I cannot comment on the rest of the BIC speakers, but the H-100 sub is a steal for what you can buy them for! I had a KSW-12 and was never happy with it as it was far too boomy, even with a multitude of adjustments and room placement. I saw the BIC stuff mentioned and did a little homework, eventually emailing their chief engineer. The sub was designed by Dr. Hsu, and if you notice it has the same amp as the STF-1 does seemingly. It has better specs than the Klipsch did as well. To make a long story short, my Klipsch departed a week ago via eBay and I now have a pair of the BIC subs; one for the ht system upstairs, and one for the two channel downstairs. Sound quality blows away the KSW-12, with no boominess at all, just clean, powerful bass. Build quality is on par with the Klipsch as well. The best part...they are selling the BIC subs online for $199....and I got back $250 from my Klipsch when it sold. Do yourself a favor and find someone who has the H-100 and give it a listen, you will NOT be sorry. I am quite happy with my other Klipsch Synergy speakers, and believe many are diehard Klipsch fans and are too quick to bash on the BIC speakers when they themselves have not had any opportunity to even listen to them....IMO, I would not rely on heresay or such, but rather find a set to listen to first before condemning them. And no, I am not trying to start a war!9.gif

SF-1 mains, KSC-C1 center, SB-1 surrounds, BIC H-100 sub. Also downstairs SB-2 mains with BIC H-100 sub.