Sony's brand new $10,000 2-channel SACD player

Parrot

"One set of the 007s outputs can drive a pair of loudspeakers; the other can be paired with the recently-introduced Qualia Model 010 headphones ($2,600, available now), which were clearly designed with SACD playback in mind: they can handle an extended frequency range of 5-120,000Hz, allowing you to hear all those upper frequencies you cant hear."

Now that is funny!!

At least it makes me feel better for considering paying half of this amount for a TT. At least the TT should not go out of date as quickly.

"S-Master® 1-Bit Digital Amplifier (30 Watts) - Sony's exclusive S-Master® Digital Amplifier insures high power with minimal space resulting in superb, clear dialog sound reproduction that is free of Digital noise. High EFFICIENCY allows for minimal heat in 1/4 the space of conventional amplifier designs."

Wow, who would have thought? ANOTHER digital amplifier 9.gif

----------------

On 1/13/2005 9:14:05 AM Anarchist wrote:

$2600 Headphones???

----------------

My idea of $2600 headphones is two used $2500 Ebay'ed Klipschorns in the opposite corners of a 12' square room.

$100 savings:

- $50 for a nice bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold scotch

- $50 for three new CD's of your choice

Guest Anonymous

My idea of $2600 headphones is two used $2500 Ebay'ed Klipschorns in the opposite corners of a 12' square room.

$100 savings:

- $50 for a nice bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold scotch

- $50 for three new CD's of your choice

----------------

could not have put that better than myself, if i were to go all out with everything on a pair of headphones i'd go grado real birch wood headphones... Now for 12500 do you think that maybe you could slap together a little bit better sounding piece of eqiupment than that? I really despise sony audio esp strde lines!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2005 10:58:53 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin ordered his yet? Who's doing the mods?

----------------

Gary, I am actually quite happy with my digital now. I have no need to look for better, any time soon, that is2.gif3.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2005 11:14:32 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 1/12/2005 10:58:53 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin ordered his yet? Who's doing the mods?

----------------

I hope he's put in an order. It's bound to sound better than anything he's ever heard
2.gif

----------------

Yeah, there ya go putting your wings in your mouth again2.gif3.gif

----------------

On 1/13/2005 5:43:03 PM dgb wrote:

Jeez, a $300 SACD player can down mix multi-channel to two channel, you'd think this one could handle it.

----------------

You might be surprised at the number of SACD adopters who resent having to buy a multi channel machine, positive that they will never ever use the other channels. When these people have a multi channel player in their homes, it eats at them like an ulcer, because deep down they know (or fear) they are missing out on hearing a more realistic presentation of music. 2.gif