Center stand for RC 7

Northshore

I am in need of a stand for my RC 7 and was wondering what other forum members have used. I have done extensive research online for such a stand and have had limited success. Sanus has a steel one, Wood Technology has a questionable wooden one and maybe these are my choices but if not, please share your knowledge. Thanks

• 4 months later...

----------------

On 5/16/2005 9:50:12 AM ]

Are these wide enough for the RC-7? It's dimensions are: 9" (23cm) x 26" (66.5cm) x 12" (30.7cm)

And does the RC-7 just sit on it? Or can it be attatched?

----------------

[/blockquote>

That was the main problem I was having with the stands that I found. In the end I decided to build my own so that I had zero worries about the stability of the stand. Afterall, the RC 7 weighs 45 lbs. and all of the stands that I looked at were rated for 35 lbs. and did not fits the dimensions of the 7.

while i was trying to mount our projector, i bought a 36" piece of Oak wood. I think I will use that to make a stand for the RC7. If you peopel who built a stand at home, how did you go about it or what design did you copy? any pics would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the stand I built for the RC 7, I used left over melamine and 2 inch screws to assemble. Once I assembled the stand I then used putty for the seams and textured it to resemble the wall pattern. I finished the stand off with Kilz primer and flat black paint. I hope this gives you some ideas.

post-16808-13819261123938_thumb.jpg

][udson, that looks like a nice stand, certainly very solid, in case you haven't read it yet, here's a little trick I learned here about aiming that beautiful RC7. Use masking tape to secure a little LED light to the top of cabinet, now without aiming LED at a person, tilt your new stand so that the LED strikes the area where the listener's ears would be in your seating area.

Good listening when that package arrives!

Michael

Colter, thanks for the tip. So in essence is this making the speaker a little less than perpendicular to the listening position? If it's mounted on top it would seem to make it point slightly below the ears.

Hopefully I get the rest of my system soon. I am waiting on the towers, sub and receiver. It's killing me having the others set up and ready to go!

• 2 years later...

Hi There

The best solution Ive found was at a Guitar shop.

I bought a sweet Amp pedestal ( guitar amp ) I turned it backwords lifted the bars a bit and it looks fantastic and is designed to hold substantial weight.

Pictures to come soon.

If you ever decide to sell your RC 7 please let me know.

Thanks

Greg

Wood Tech makes some great center mounts- they are fairly wide and have multiple uprights to suppor the heavy speaker without wobbling. Include a tilt-back mechanism for perfect alignment.

Or Sanus Ultimate Foundations are ridiculously sturdy even though they aren't really wide- three point bases can be tweaked to exactly level.

Northshore: The photo below shows how I have my RC-7 supported. I made the cabinet from scratch and it not only supports my RC-7 at a slight angle to the listening area, but the cabinet also houses over 400 vinyl record albums. The top surfaces are covered with a readily available, thick, slightly-padded upholstery material sometimes used to cover road gear. It prevents any glare from being reflected from the screen to the viewers. A thin strip of black, self-adhesive, flocked (felt) tape has been applied to the upper, black edge of the RC-7 so no glare or reflection occurs off the screen from the speaker's housing. I normally have the grills in place. They were removed for the purpose of these photos. The front of the cabinet is 1/4" sheet, Luan mahogany. The entire cabinet took 1-1/2 days to make in my garage and it was very inexpensive ($35 bucks, tops) yet is strong enough for a person to sit on either end. -Glenn

post-10177-13819373937922_thumb.jpg

This is a home made stand I had welded up at my company out of 3/8" aircraft aluminum t6 plate top and bottom and .030" aluminum tube(filled with sand then welded to support my rc-64. a local welding shop might only charge you 20-30$ to weld one up. and you can have it customized to the exact height and dimesnion you need. It was then painted matte black and baked. looks very professional.

post-26282-13819373997424_thumb.jpg