Fruit on the way

Dflip

Mark's eBay Peach is on the way up to Canada. I'm not sure who Smilin was but I have learned a few things from watching eBay over the last few months. A minute to go I bid over the top amount and then added $50 on top immediately afterwards. While the other party was upping the ante ten dollars at a time, I had him by about ten dollars at the end. I figure $980 US was a very good price considering it retails for $1699 with a year end close-out sale of $1399. It has a very small blemish/scratch in the back corner of the case.

It should mate nicely with my McIntosh MC-30. As a result I have a Mapletree Audio Ultra 4A SE Modular Series Stereo Phono/Line Preamplifier with a PS 1t tube Preamp Power Supply which will not be used in the future. It has an upgraded capacitor package, Auricaps and Blackgates as well as a Noble 31-step plastic element potentiometer volume control. The new price is 4A SE ($440), power supply ($290) with the Noble as a $30 option, for a total of $770 US. It was purchased at the end of April and is in very good shape and has a pair of 12SX7 tubes to replace the 12SN7GT's that came with it. It is a sizeable upgrade in quality of sound over the standard capacitor package and tubes. I am willing to throw in the 12SX7's with the original 12SN7's. The preamp and tube power supply is black in colour.

I want to wait for the Peach to arrive and then compare the sound, but I could use the money to offset some of the cost of the Peach. Craig also has this preamp and is very happy with it, not his Blueberry, but an excellent choice for the money. The Peach should arrive early next week.

If you are looking for an excellent preamp for the money, then send me a message and we can talk price.

U4Awithpanelfrontsmall.jpg

Ultra4ASEunder.jpg

PS1twithpanelsmall.jpg

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:07:43 PM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:02:59 PM Dflip wrote:

I'm not sure who Smilin was but I have learned a few things from watching eBay over the last few months
----------------

He's the same smilin that we all know.

----------------

You left out the end of that sentence...........2.gif

Where's he been BTW.

DFlip,

I think you'll really like the Peach. Congrats.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:11:01 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:07:43 PM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:02:59 PM Dflip wrote:

I'm not sure who Smilin was but I have learned a few things from watching eBay over the last few months
----------------

He's the same smilin that we all know.

----------------

You left out the end of that sentence...........
2.gif

Where's he been BTW.

DFlip,

I think you'll really like the Peach. Congrats.

----------------

Yeah, It was me, when I realized it was dflip, I backed down, but I also wanted Dean to get a good price too. I was gonna go a grand, but figured Dflip needed more than me. I just wanted it for my expanding collection2.gif3.gif what a crazy obsession, huh9.gif

Gary, I was in my back office today and found a package that was never sent, I thought you did not like em15.gif or me14.gif I had to yell at an employee today.11.gif

Yeah, It was me, when I realized it was dflip, I backed down, but I also wanted Dean to get a good price too. I was gonna go a grand, but figured Dflip needed more than me. I just wanted it for my expanding collection2.gif3.gif what a crazy obsession, huh9.gif

Thanks, Smilin. I thought it was you at the beginning and waited until the end to see what the price went up to. I had kind of figured a grand was as high as I could go and decided to take a chance. I decided to go with a similar name just in case one of the Klipsch forum group was bidding against me. From all reports it is a great preamp.

It adds to my collection, too many amps and preamps lying around the house. An older Acurus A150, RL-11 preamp and 50 watt SAE amp and preamp as well. I really do need to get rid of some of this stuff to feed my habbit.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/17/2005 10:45:00 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin,

You da man!
10.gif12.gif13.gif

----------------

Yaman, U 23.gif

Flip, ya gonna luv it, it is peachy keen, and a GREAT preamp toboot9.gif

OTOH I just gotta call from my daughter to turn the tunes down, and I'm only using SET about 1.5 watts15.gif whatamigonna do when I get my next 300 watt amp2.gif next week3.gif