Reference 7 series and Aragon 2007

I originally posted this on the Aragon boards and got little or no response. There doesn't seem to be as much intellegent life there as there is here.

I am contemplating replacing my Rotel Amps and one of the candidates I have chosen is the Aragon 2007 to power my 7 series Reference setup. Can anyone tell me if the Aragon could be considered dark, warm or bright with the references? I don't have a local Aragon dealer that has the 2007 set up to listen to.

Thanks in advance

Jerry Rappaport

While I can't speak for using Aragon with the Reference series, I have heard the Aragon gear at Klipsch on the Heritage line. It's very good IMO. Nothing offensive, especially considering that the room had minimal acoustical treatment. I'm considering an Aragon preamp/control center for "everyday" use. (for best sound quality the ultimate way is to just connect the source (CD, tuner, etc) directly to the power amps) (obviously this can't be done with phono).

The only 7 channel amp that I would even contemplate considering would be the Sherbourn 2100/7 it is a true 7 monoblock design weighing in at a solid 115lbs. I was planning to purchase one but even as nice as the Sherbourn is it cannot compare to my pair of vintage DBX BX-1's for build quality and performance. Multiple two channel amps will always outperform a single 5 or 7 channel amplifier.

The specs and weight of some of the smaller Aragon multi-channel amps are not that impressive. The Sherbourn can be had for a very afforable price if you do your homework and shop smart.

Haven't heard any Aragon products, but it might be worth your while to look at the new Anthem Statement line. Very affordable, smooth, detailed, and enough power to drive a small theatre. Check out the reviews these amps are getting. Very impressive!