RF5 v RF35

wdrazek

OK, maybe it's a dumb question. I've heard the RF35 and love them but an offer too good to resist has come up on a pair of RF5's. I can't listen to a pair until Saturday and need to decide fast on them. I'm nervous about pulling the trigger without having heard them. The seller is not local.

What I love about the RF35's is their fullness. The RF5 looks taller and thinner and I wonder if it has the same "authority." Would I be making a mistake by getting the RF5's without having heard them? Thanks in advance.

----------------

On 1/25/2005 10:12:44 PM wdrazek wrote:

What I love about the RF35's is their fullness. The RF5 looks taller and thinner and I wonder if it has the same "authority." Would I be making a mistake by getting the RF5's without having heard them? Thanks in advance.

----------------

The RF-5 is considered to be a "higher-end" speaker than the RF-35. If you loved the sound of the RF-35, most likely, you will definitly love the RF-5. I have a pair of the RF-5s myself (although used mostly as surrounds to go with my RF-7s), but I have used them once as a pair of stereo speakers to play music at my friends wedding. The comments I got from the guests at how awesome they sounded! The RF-5s are truly a great speaker and I think you will be very happy with them.

I also have a pair of RF-5s that I use as surrounds with RF-7s.

I have a pair of RF-35s for fronts in a bedroom 5.1 setup.

I've listened to music over both pairs using a Halo A-21 amp just to compare, and in my opinion the RF-5s were worth the extra I paid for them.

I think I paid about $350 more for the RF-5s.

----------------

On 1/26/2005 8:59:02 AM wdrazek wrote:

Sorry. No, I was asking if a 12 x 12 room is too small for an RF5 based HT. I'm moving into the room when the condo closes next month so nothing is in there yet. Thanks.

----------------

They will work in a 12 x 12 room! Just don't crank'em up as much! 11.gif

I'd rather error on the side of "to much" than "not enough" anyway.